my problem with dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions my problem with dante

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of selfmade selfmade 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

hi there,

i´ve just recieved my dante card for the idr48 mixrack.
    i built it in, registerd at audinate, load the software, and checked with a notebook the settings of the dante network.

i had a problem by naming the dantecard at the configuration and set up the recording with the notebook.

i watched the video from the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRC-s6SRqP4&feature=player_embedded#!
    at 12:00 minutes it shows the behaviour with the virtual soundcard.

i could´nt see or patch to the computer!
    i think it´s because i connected the pc directly, without a switch, to the dantecard.

– is that a familiar problem?
    – do i need a switch or router everyhow?
    – does anybody have the some experience by that?

greetings from hamburg, timo

greetings from hamburg

IDR 48 / T112 / Laptop

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi selfmade,

You shouldn’t need a switch between your Dante card and your computer. One Cat5 or Cat6 cable should be fine.

Perhaps you could check a few things;

– Is DVS (Dante Virtual Sound Card) switched on? I know that sounds silly to ask, but the ON switch is sometimes not noticed by some of our users (including myself!). It’s a green or grey circle in the middle of the DVS window.

– Have you set your laptop to DHCP? If your computer is on a static IP address, it probably won’t be able to fully communicate with the Dante module. Unless you’ve changed your Laptop IP address, it’s probably set to DHCP.

– Do you see anything on the Dante Controller software? Does at least the mix rack Dante card appear? As the Mix Rack Dante Card and your Laptop should appear as separate devices. If not, could you please check if any LEDs are flashing on the front of the Dante module.

– Can you also confirm your laptop network port is gigabit. If you’re unsure where to find this out, please let me know what Operating System you’re running (Windows XP, 7, Mac etc) and I’ll be happy to give you further details.

I hope these points help us get to the bottom of things, hopefully these things won’t be ideas you’ve already tried.

Let me know how you get on,

AndyH

selfmade
    Participant

hi andy!

– dvs is activated

– if tried dhcp and static ip, both working. it communicate with the dante card.
    i could choose the card at the controller and get a ip shown at the dvs! it seems
    the communication was working. but i could’nt change the name of the dante-device

– the laptop has gigabit network ot’s a lenovo t61

greeting’s timo

greetings from hamburg

IDR 48 / T112 / Laptop / Tablet-PC / Dantecard

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

I’ve had strange behavior with DVS and dante controller when they were initiated when wifi was one.
    After i reinitiated both with wifi off, everything was fine. Even if I enabled wifi afterwords.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi selfmade,

If it’s just a problem with naming the card, did you know you have to press the enter key after typing the name? As there is no Apply button on the Software. If you double click on the unit, select the ‘Config’ tab, then type a new name. You have to then press enter before closing the window. Closing the window won’t have applied the name. Although, this isn’t very clear in the software.

But if that doesn’t help, I think it’d be best to contact our A&H Technical Support, who can always lease with Audinate to get to the bottom of this.

To contact our Tech Support please go to this address: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/pages/support.aspx

Cheers,

AndyH

selfmade
    Participant

i´ll check the options soon.
    i´ll keep you informed!

thank´s, timo

greetings from hamburg

selfmade
    Participant

today i could change the name of the device, thanks AndyH!
    the problem stayed, that the pc didn’t appeared at the controller software.

then i tried to update the firmware of the dantecard.
    that seemed to get wrong :-(
    right now the led’s of the network won’t light anymore and i couldn’t connect
    to the pc anymore.

i submitted a support ticket!

greetings from hamburg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.