Network Colision & firmware version eror

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Network Colision & firmware version eror

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Hi everybody!
    I have to report that lately when used MAC + Dante card and connected form Control Network to iDR’s Network as usual i had no problems when used only iDR, but soon as i have connected Surface to ACE i got network collision.
    i can describe my setup more detailed if needed.

Also to much problems with connecting editor to setup iDR+Surface i have ‘firmware version error report after i am connecting editor , when working only with iDR no problems. Were was couple of times then i got my surface lost connection to stage box after plugging the router in to the Network.
    please don’t post about network addresses, firmware versions installed, multicast, every piece of equipment was correctly named and updated .

thanks Robert

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

First make sure your editor and firmware are at the same revision number. This is required.

Do you have Dante on the same subnet with your surface connection?

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dburris

First make sure your editor and firmware are at the same revision number. This is required.

Do you have Dante on the same subnet with your surface connection?

1.83 firmware version & editor installed everywhere, all network clients have different IP addresses in range of 1-100.

Did not understand you about subnet with surface connection? did you mean subnet mask?

i have also tested this connection with gigabit switch CISCO SG 100D-08 but the same error ‘Network collision’

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

My suggestion is to isolate the iLive network from the Dante network on two physical networks. Based on your answer, it seems you are sharing the network for both.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dburris

My suggestion is to isolate the iLive network from the Dante network on two physical networks. Based on your answer, it seems you are sharing the network for both.

Dante can work perfectly on the same subnet as the iLive network (not ACE). We do it all the time, never had any issue.

There must be another reason.

Also, Robert never said that he connected Dante to the iLive network, he said only Dante Control network.
    Maybe Robert could experiment using a gigabit router to route things together rather than the built in network switch of the IDR.

@robert:
    It might be a good idea to describe your setup in more detail.

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Ok this my Basic setup and i have no problems with it:

iDR32+Dante card installed, MacPro running Ableton & Waves Multirack plugged into Dante primary port, Dante Control Network connected to iDR’s Network hub, D-link AP conected to iDR’s Network.
    This setup tested & working Ok, i am using MacBook connected by WIFI to D-link with the editor & sharing screen with MacPro.

The problems started when i have rented iDR48 & T112 surface,installed Dante card and repeated the same setup, i got Network Collision error.
    The same problem was then i have installed it on iDR10 with 112 surface.

The gigabi switch CISCO SG100D did not solved the problems may be problem is in this Part?

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Are the Mac’s the same as in your initial setup or just the same type of computer?
    Maybe there are locked to MAC adresses and still searching for the devices…

Wich IP adresses have you used for the MacPro?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

iDR32 as usual 192.168.1.1
    D-link 192.168.1.45
    MacPro 192.168.1.80

in other cases the default setup for iLIVE
    and MacPro the same IP

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Is your macpro (dante) also connecting via wifi? If so try turning its wifi off as you may have an address conflict. Another suggestion- disconnect the Dante control network – IDR link as dburris suggested to see if the collision problem is fixed – you could try connecting the dante control direct to your D-Link AP. I seem to remember having a similar problem once. Just suggestions so don’t shoot me down!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Thanks Stix! in MacPro i Have disabled Airport, but my AP DLINK-DAP-3520 Has only one RJ-45 connector so i am using SICO switch to connect everything to network.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

I’m not sure if this will help, but the ‘Network Collision’ text printed by the red LED on the unit is actually incorrect. Newer units have a warning triangle with the text ‘Net Bridge’. What the LED actually means is that the bandwidth on the ACE link reserved for bridged control network data (around 10 megabits), has been exceeded. When this happens, packets that are trying to be sent accross the link are dropped. This has no effect on the audio at all. There are counters to indicate how many packets are being dropped in mixer setup, mixer preferences, port A/B, and pressing ‘advanced’ in the Port A ACE pane.

Just thought I would clear this up, as ‘Network Collision’ doesn’t really mean anything, and might put you on the wrong path.

Cheers

– Jeff

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Thanks Jeff! this seems to me optimal logical explanation for what happened to my setup, but does it have the cure? because this problem then it not solved have negative effect on all network and slows it down.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

I had the same problem, tried 2 different routers with gigabit ports. No luck. Since then I keep the dante traffic on a separate router. I don’t understand why it does that. As soon as I connect, router crashes and communication stops. I also have the same red light.

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

Thanks Jeff! this seems to me optimal logical explanation for what happened to my setup, but does it have the cure? because this problem then it not solved have negative effect on all network and slows it down.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    M-Dante.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Are you talking about Dante Control port or Dante stream to be kept away from iDR network connection?

ddff_lv

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

My understanding is that in the current Dante firmware, all three ports are actually the same. The next firmware version will prevent Dante audio traffic being sent out of the Control Network port, so that this port can be connected up to the iLive network without issue. You may find that if you do not use multicast streams in the Dante network, no audio traffic gets transmitted out of the Control Network port anyway, as unicast traffic should be routed properly by the Dante card’s on-board Ethernet switch. Of course if you have an isntance of DVS or some other Dante device connected up via the iLive network ports, Dante audio traffic will then be routed into the iLive network, potentially exceeding the ACE net bridge bandwidth limit, whether it is made up of unicast flows or not.

You could experiment by just setting up a couple of Dante audio flows, while monitoring the advanced ACE status data I mentioned in my previous post. If the audio traffic is ending up being routed to the iLive network, you should see the Net Bridge (I think it’s called aggregation port in the GUI) RX packets and RX bytes counters increase dramatically. You could then try altering where things are plugged in or the type of flows being created by Dante Controller, and seeing if you can stop these packets getting onto the iLive network.

Hope this helps

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.