Interesting email!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Interesting email!

This topic contains 55 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

*plays jeopardy theme in background :D

Can’t wait!

my iLive setup:
    offline editor on mac, demo content on ipod touch
    lol

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/Pages/ProductsListing.aspx?CatId=GLDSeries

So you can put option cards in the mixer, think ACE card to connect to my iDR32… is that really possible?

Thank you A&H to make the systems talk to each other :-)

Let’s hope the price is good???

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

I could not see anything that much different then the current iLive fixed format system. Did our inventory just start to depreciate? And or, is this the replacement system going forward?

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Just having the ability to talk to the I-Live is good. I think this system will inherate some of the great stuff that we have in the I-live. But thee are still a lot of features that the I-live offers that this does not. Channel count is a big thing. Limited on that were as I-live will continue to offer many more with dual mix rack capabilities. Flexability, wireless control, editor, and apps?

I think this is going to be an awsome system for those guys that just cant quite afford a I-live but would really like a digital console. The install possibilities just opened up for more user freindly smaller venues and Installs.

With the ace card, if you are only running a single rack, this could make for a split foh/monitor mix console to add to the I/live system—If we are reading and seeing everything as it truly is….at a much more afforable price then previously possible…..provided the price is good and in line with what we have heard

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

Hey just watched the GLD video for the new digital system that is at the price of an anologue system. Can’t wait to see it.

Glen Clark,
    T112, iDR48
    The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

I briefly went over the GLD Document, and the language written such as “inherits key benefits” “new high end preamps” “builds on the success” “same outstanding quality” is carefully positioned.

Maybe future sales going forward will determine the fixed format T series end of life cycle, but I think most manufacturers already have this in there long term planning process. Change is just quicker then we have been accustomed to for those of us that have been in the business for a long time.

I did not see any reference in that document where inter mixing components was possible. I think from a marketing position, that would be a favorable statement written in that promotional piece.

Interested to see where the MSRP will end up in the US.
    Certainly will benefit clubs, churches, small soundco’s, etc.

Yes, I see more expandibility with the T series, but I also don’t rule out that someday laptop, iPad, network connectivity, could also be done here too.

I would like to see a comparison chart between the systems.
    Maybe that will be explained later or documented somewhere.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of deanz25
    deanz25
    Participant

It seems to me that the GLD is Ilive in reverse, with the DSP built in to the control surface. A new system for some, and an inexpensive way to expand for existing Ilive users.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Maybe future sales going forward will determine the fixed format T series end of life cycle, but I think most manufacturers already have this in there long term planning process.

With the architectural approach and price point of the iLive fixed-format, I certainly hope we are still a few years away from the end-of-life for the T series.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the GLD80 as a control surface for iLive using the ACE interface. (I would guess not since this would make the T80 obsolete)

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

They really did a good job in redesigning the graphics in the touchscreen. More smooth and comprehensive. Easier and faster to work with from what i noticed in the video
    Now if only they pimped the ilive firmware like that, that would be nice.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Not obsolete – i understand the GLD processing is max 48 channels /20 buss. Also – I assume you would only have preamp control/ recall of preamp on an iLive mixrack if you have an ACE card installed in the GLD? It would make an excellent monitor split for an existing iLive set up though.
    I’m hoping the new AR2412 and AR84 audioracks will also be accessible from an iLive mixrack as an extender. Although there is no mention of this when you think about it the new audio racks are just like an XDR16 – they have preamps but no processing dsp. It would be so cool if they could be used as extenders for an iLive mixrack ( with iLive firmware update of course). The dSnake protocol must be very similar! I guess we will all know soon!! They are being released on the 19th Jan.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

It old be nice if someone fom A&H could enlighten us on the integration possibilities with the existing iLive range?

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Just to clarify a couple of points – GLD does not replace iLive. The two systems are significantly different. iLive offers more control options, networking and redundant capabilities, multiple access, higher channel count, and 32 mix outputs. GLD is designed to open up all the benefits of digital technology to a wider group of customers, thanks to its lower price point.

We are fully committed to the future of our iLive range, and our R&D engineers will keep working on updates.

A note on compatibility: dSNAKE is not compatible with ACE. It is not possible to connect iLive MixRacks to a GLD mixer, or to connect GLD AudioRacks to an iLive system. Nevertheless, GLD and iLive can be happily interconnected and share audio using the A&H range of audio networking cards (ACE, Dante, Ethersound etc), e.g. for a FOH/Mon digital split.

All other questions will be answered following the product launch at NAMM.

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Thanks Nicola and the A&H team. It looks as if you guys have a good strategy for staying head of some of the competition, to be able to reach another segment of the market. Looking forward to seein and using the new system.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks Nicola – appreciate the info.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.