Interesting email!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Interesting email!

This topic contains 55 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

If its not fully compatible out of the box, then it should be with an expansion card option.
    We may find the next software update gives us a few extras. How can A&H justify not giving us USB recording when a cheaper model has it.
    That 8 in 4 out 1U rack module would be very handy indeed.

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Yeshua

Curious why they have a “DCA” button on a channel,

I am guessing that is for use in the assignment to a DCA. There is a little white line from the corner of the button to a red led as if its an indicator. Also, looking closely above the button it appears to say “Mute”.

I think it looks as though there are 2 banks of faders with 4 layers each. It appears to be 8 faders in the right bank (top pictures) and 12 on the left bank. Right top picture shows another set of layer buttons and right middle shows what would presumeably be three groups of 4 faders together.

I also noticed a routing select button near the processing strip in the upper right corner of the right middle picture.

Just my observations.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Seems to have 4 buttons per channel, just like the ilive range now.(select,pfl,mute,mix) The little red LED is the DCA mute indication.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

Seems to have 4 buttons per channel, just like the ilive range now.(select,pfl,mute,mix) The little red LED is the DCA mute indication.

Lieven

That might be it….

my iLive setup:
    offline editor on mac, demo content on ipod touch
    lol

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Just some thoughts…..

I wonder if the dsnake could be ACE, just without the network bridging feature.

The DCA looks like an LED indicator but tied to the button (by a white line) which looks to be the Mute button also. So it doubles as a DCA assign?

Multiple MP3’s available that you can see along the left side of the screen. The finger is probably hiding something….(those rascals) [:D]

Top of the screen has SigGen USB Audio (selected) Audio Dy?? and Direct Out. That third one almost looks like Dyss but I just can’t tell for sure. Or maybe Dyes for Dynamic eq system…. For those who have been asking for it. [:)]

And I’d whole heartedly agree with every one 24×12 with 8×4 for a 32×16 stage capacity….no way to tell on the Surface I/O.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

I wonder if the on the touch screen the tabs say:
    1. SigGen (signal generator)
    2. USB Audio
    3. Audio Sync
    4. Direct out

Thats kinda what they look like to me….

also looks like on the playback portion, that there is a track timing bar that you can choose where on the track you want to be….they should add in a “This is where I’m at timer” along side that…for both playback and recording….

my iLive setup:
    lol

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Let’s hope that this means we also get a firmware upgrade in January :)
    Multiband multiband…

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Ok. here is what i’ve benn told:
    The new System is an total new system, not compatible with Ilive. Runs another protocol for digital audio also.
    The processing is in the mixing desk, the Stage rack is just for converting analog to digital.
    No editor, but an IPad App planned or already finished – i don`t know.
    8 FX engines, same preamps as in the mixracks.

So, we are looking at a complete new System that has nothing to do with our ILives and is designed to compete with LS9 and so on.

As i have been told also USB Recording and Playback is not possible with the ILives cause there are problems with the Linux used.

As i have to say – nothing comes from A&H directly – but from an good informed person – so we could be 100% clear @ NAMM.

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

So no USB recording for the ilive then[:(].
    Well, it is possible to build a 24/12 with the existing range ( IDR16 + expander).
    Only problem is that the expander can’t be used with the IPAD. Damn i really need A&H to fix that.
    Hope the personal monitor system will be available for the ilive with an expansion card.

Regards

Lieven

jimvoyager
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by albin

Ok. here is what i’ve benn told:
    The new System is an total new system, not compatible with Ilive. Runs another protocol for digital audio also.
    The processing is in the mixing desk, the Stage rack is just for converting analog to digital.
    No editor, but an IPad App planned or already finished – i don`t know.
    8 FX engines, same preamps as in the mixracks.

So, we are looking at a complete new System that has nothing to do with our ILives and is designed to compete with LS9 and so on.

As i have been told also USB Recording and Playback is not possible with the ILives cause there are problems with the Linux used.

As i have to say – nothing comes from A&H directly – but from an good informed person – so we could be 100% clear @ NAMM.

Quote:
    I can’t believe we are dealing with totally new non compatible system.
    That is unforgivable A&H if it’s true, how could you justify that?
    Why?
    Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jimvoyager

I can’t believe we are dealing with totally new non compatible system.
    That is unforgivable A&H if it’s true, how could you justify that?
    Why?
    Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Jim, i have to disagree on that. A&H have to look forward and are trying to penetrate in the lower segment. They do that by offering a complete new system ( no possibility to mix and match like the ilive, and some sort off fixed configuration. ) to cut costs. Although the basic workflow/layout is copied in the new system.
    There are not that much more possibilities to expand the ilive system as it is.
    should we have another surface and another process rack in the ilive range?
    I dont see the need for that. instead they have to fine tune the existing ilive software.

Kind regards
    Lieven

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

I think what Lieven says is probably right. In terms of the iLive system, how can you honestly get smaller then the r72 + idr16? And they still made that combination around $13-15k US (sorry not sure exactly on price). The only way to make an LS9 type of price range is by offering a new system or dropping the r72 price by $4-5k (which I would have preferred, but oh well…). I hope that the new system will offer many of the iLive features, but obviously it probably won’t have the expandability that the ilive has….I guess we’ll find out soon….

my iLive setup:
    lol

jimvoyager
    Participant

Maybe my language was a bit strong.
    I’m not expecting fully interchangeable components, but I would hope it would be possible to exchange signals between the two systems without going analog.

Jim[}:)]

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Many of these questions will be answered soon, just keep tight, but I am confident that you will be pleased with the outcome.

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

GLD series, I am excited to see what this opens up to future options….

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.