NEW SETUP

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF VOLCANOJEFF 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

I have been searching for documentation for possible upgrades that would allow this but not having any luck. Idea set up would include I-live modular surface for FOH- Idr64 also FOH and inputs, Rab 2 mod with Ace to link surface to IDR-64- Ace split to IDR48 linked to R-72 for control of monitors. TRICKY part[:o)] is to get full use of Dante for recording purposes. Originally was told and understood possibility of using a second rab2 module at the surface. My conclusion is that this is not possible.[B)] unless there is an update that I can’t find that would allow that, or the m-Dante to be inserted into the Port B of Rab2 mod at surface. Seems that having only the slot b otion on the IDR limits this a bit. Any suggestions appreciated.[8] on this one

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

I’m no expert on this and maybe wrong but would a xDR expander give you the extra port B you need for Dante? This is more expense to the system though

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jeff

I’m afraid this suggestion will also cost more but will give you full functionality of Dante.

For your digital mic split between the iDR-64 and iDR48 you could use Dante in PortB. Use a Gigabit switch as a central hub then star off:
    1 connection to the iDR64
    1 connection to the iDR48
    1 connection to either laptop running DVS (Dante virtual soundcard) or Computer with Dante PCIE card.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Hi Jeff, Sam, all

Sam’s proposal is exactly the way I work with when I need dms and recording purposes.
    It’s a real pleasure to work with!

br Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Thanks Guys,

This had been my back up if there is no other. I had the hopes of being able to keep it as easy as possible. Sounds like this may be the best option. Thanks for the Input. Sam, Thanks for the hard work you guys do in monitoring and updating here on the forum.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.