Mixpad next Version….

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mixpad next Version….

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tyler Marshall
    Tyler Marshall
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Was there a thread somewhere for feature requests on the next version of Mixpad? If so please let me know other wise I would REALLY like to see:

1) The ability to adjust FX parameters from Mixpad
    2) Stereo meters on Stereo channels (like FX returns)
    3) I realize this is a stretch b/c it would require sending audio over ethernet but a PFL to the headphone jack??? Sorry just dreaming!!!

Tyler Martin
    H2 Entertainment, Winnipeg (Canada)
    iDR-16
    iPad2 w/mixpad
    D-Link DIR-815 (on 5GHz ‘A’ only, no WEP/WPA, Mac filter ON, Multicast ON
    Macbook Pro w/editor 1.83

Tyler Marshall
    Participant

Also …. could we change the background / upload new file to the ipad???

Tyler Martin
    iDR-16
    iPad2 w/mixpad

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by H2_Entertainment

Also …. could we change the background / upload new file to the ipad???

The background can be changed on MixPad under the utility screen and the style tab.
    FWIW I’ve got the background set as ‘none’ and then the colour settings as follows:

Background 0. , 0. , 0. , 255
    Border 0. , 255. , 0. , 255
    Disabled 255. , 0. , 0. , 255
    Text 255. , 255. , 255. , 255

Regarding adjusting FX parameters, I’ve been using Jump Desktop. It’s a great app that you can control an external PC from your iPad. The iPad2 will run both MixPad and Jump at the same time and you can use 4 or 5 finger sweep to go from one to the other.

The PC in control is perminately connected to my MixRack and stays on stage with the MixRack at all times (it’s my emergency PC if my router or iPad or remote PC all fail).

The stage PC is connected directly to the MixRack in one of the network ports and my router is directly connects to the MixRack in one of the other network ports. I can control the stage PC through the router and the MixRack seems to act as a switch.

With this set up i can adjust routing, ganging, scenes, FX etc from the iPad. You can even tap tempo but you need to make sure you don’t have any faders displayed on the PC your controlling otherwise the iPad can’t seem to do the metering and tapping at the same time if that’s makes sense?

Cheers,

Gary.

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Hi All,

the features I most often missed are:

1) FX-Parameter access
    2) Scene access (up/down/go)
    3) Copy / paste parameters (mainly during GEQing AUXes for wedges)
    4) more custom layers

Re: Tyler’s hint to APFL-audio via WLAN. I think that should work!

@ the A&H guys: please feedback on this!

Cheers,

Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I use the mixpad on stage during changeover. I have a surface in FoH. I really need stereo meters and signal generator. I need to see if I have both channels on my HD and key channels and I need to check if the stage has hooked the monitors to the right sends.

Right now I use the meters on the in-ears transmitters and a mic for monitorcheck.

Profile photo of Jan-Boehm
    Jan-Boehm
    Participant

Hello,

something i really miss is the support of the dual mix rack setup!!!! This is the most important thing, i cant use the app without an update!

Thanks

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi All

Thanks for all the feedback so far on the MixPad Application it’s very useful to get an understanding of what features are most in demand.

Lots of your requests are already on the list for consideration for a future release.
    e.g.
    1) FX-Parameter access
    2) Scene access (up/down/go)
    3) Copy / paste parameters
    4) More custom layers
    5) PAFL buttons

quote:

Tyler’s hint to APFL-audio via WLAN. I think that should work!

Although technically possible this is not likely to be added to MixPad in the near future.

Keep your ideas coming [:)]

Best Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I really need the stereo meter.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Jan Boehm

Hello,

something i really miss is the support of the dual mix rack setup!!!! This is the most important thing, i cant use the app without an update!

Thanks

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Sign me in on that one. Dual setup/expander makes the Mixpad kind off useless.
    Is it technically possible to control the xdr with the ipad?
    Luckily i have also an IDR48 that i can use for monitors and the IDR16+xdr16 as analog split front rack.
    On the other hand its a shame i have to bring in the idr48 (when i use FOH/MON mode ) when i need more the 16/8 channels to use the mixpad for mixing monitors on stage.

Sam the suggested future requests are nice but i have no use for them when i cannot connect to the XDR[:(]

Regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Lockout Mode to be able to LOCK the user into whatever Mix mode they are in. (this would help for using it as a PMM applications)

if you set up the user into mixing Aux One, being able to LOCK them into Aux 1 so they cannot get out of it and adjust the mains/inputs

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

That’s is a wonderful idea!!!

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

Lockout Mode to be able to LOCK the user into whatever Mix mode they are in. (this would help for using it as a PMM applications)

if you set up the user into mixing Aux One, being able to LOCK them into Aux 1 so they cannot get out of it and adjust the mains/inputs

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    M-Dante.

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

It would be great if there was a better prompt when the iPad has lost the wifi connection. It’s possible to think you are mixing the audio when you are not.
    Editor is great for this you are in no doubt.
    I know the meters don’t work but it’s possible to not notice when no audio is passing during set up.
    Yea more custom layers would be great, user key buttons too.

All in all a great ap and value for money too.
    Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

COPY OF ONE OF MY POSTS IN ANOTHER THREAD REGARDING DROPPED WIFI:-

With reference to Graham’s post the connection status suggestion is a great one, the other day this happened to me with a dropped connection and not realising it until nothing actually was changing.

At present in the utility > style tab you have colour options for background, border, disabled and text. Can another be added for lost connection so when wifi drops out the background changes to a chosen colour and when it reconnects reverts back to your normal chosen colour / appearence and if you don’t want this just set the ‘background’ and ‘lost wifi background’ the same settings. This would definately be quite obvious MixPad wasn’t connected and in my opinion the more obvious it is the better…

Also can the CH. (channel) and MIX buttons be one button with the default setting being CH. and you press it to enter MIX layout and the button turns red like the mute button to let you know your in the MIX dislay (even though this is pretty obvious) and you press it again to go back to CH. display. In other words one press toggles the view.

One less button would give enough room to have an extra tab for a SCene and sOFT key tab (SCOFT) and on this tab have the 8 soft keys as in the surface and the surface scene keys.

This may well also give enough room to have the “Custom 2” tab also available on the lower part of the screen rather than just upper part of the screen which would give a lot more flexibility of the MixPad in my opinion.

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

+1 !

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Tyler Marshall
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Joe90

At present in the utility > style tab you have colour options for background, border, disabled and text. Can another be added for lost connection so when wifi drops out the background changes to a chosen colour and when it reconnects reverts back to your normal chosen colour / appearence and if you don’t want this just set the ‘background’ and ‘lost wifi background’ the same settings. This would definately be quite obvious MixPad wasn’t connected and in my opinion the more obvious it is the better…

LOVE THIS IDEA!! – Your chosen ‘normal’ background when everything is working – and RED when the ship goes down!!!!!

Tyler Martin
    iDR-16
    iPad2 w/mixpad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.