Mix Rack Boot Failure

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mix Rack Boot Failure

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of weily3524 weily3524 11 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by AH_Support
    If you own any older iDR mixracks and you would like to have the modification performed please contact your local dealer or the distributor in your country…

Is this modification free? If not, what is the estimated cost?

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

I had the PCB mod done last February and it was free…….don’t know if there was a deadline so YMMV….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Hi Wouter,

quote:

Originally posted by woutert
    Is this modification free? If not, what is the estimated cost?

We provide the parts required for the modification free of charge to our distributors.

You will however need to contact the distributor in your territory to discuss any charge they may impose for performing the modification:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/company/pages/distributors.aspx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Allen & Heath Technical Support

http://www.allen-heath.com/support

Profile photo of Rui-Miguel
    Rui-Miguel
    Participant

Thanks for the informations A&H.
    That was what I was hoping to get, some official clarification concerning the problem.
    I am now more confident with the equipment and the necessary repair.

Since I just bought in October a new iDR16, that was delivered last month, I hope that your assurance that new racks don’t have this problem aplies to this one also. Logically ot should, but how can I be sure?

Can I give you the serial number here on the forum or should I leave it to my supplier to check?

Best regards and, once again, thanks for the feedback and clarification.

Surface: T112 / T80
    Rack: iDR48 / iDR16
    PC: Editor 1.83
    iPad2: MixPad

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I just contacted my distributor. They will do this modification for free. Thanks for the information, A&H.

The only point of improvement were if A&H/distributors would contact A&H-clients in a proactive way. That way incidents (like Lieven who only found out after his iDR went down) could be avoided.

It’s not dishonourable to call back a product to resolve a known issue.

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad, R72(soon)
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

If I was a distributor (and I am for some products) I’d do every mod advised by factory free of charge and would go to do that on site. Factory is far, but distributor lives between customers and reputation is most important thing. That’s why I never charge for repairs according to service notes and after warranty will supply spares at cost, no profit. So it’s just logical your distributor thinks same way.

ddff

Hi Rui,

quote:

Originally posted by Rui Miguel

Can I give you the serial number here on the forum or should I leave it to my supplier to check?

You can either get in touch with your distributor in Portugal, Avitel (https://www.avitel.pt/), or you can submit a support ticket via our website – https://www.allen-heath.com/support

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Allen & Heath Technical Support

support@allen-heath.com

Rui-Miguel
    Participant

Hi,

Just to let you guys know, my mainboard has been replaced and everything is working fine. I hope this new board solves the issues efectively so that I don’t get any more surprises on location.

Thanks for all your help,

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Not that it helps but replacing both the boards is only a hours work from start to finish and you don’t need much more than a TX driver set and a small ratchet. Bits even come with an idiot proof guide for mere moratls like me!

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Rui-Miguel
    Participant

One year later, I return to this thread, for the worst possible reasons!
    Last December my iDR16 gave me the same problem the iDR48 reported one year before!
    Mix Rack Boot Failure
    Now I’m caught in some sort of feud between the manufacturer, who does not aknowledge a two year warranty period from my purchase date, just a one year period from the representative purchase date.
    So I’m stuck with a repair cost of 700€ for something that A&H has aknowledged right in this thread to be a recognised manufacturing problem.

Has anyone faced this kind of issues with A&H? I really want to keep with the brand, just not like this!

Profile photo of weily3524
    weily3524
    Participant

I’m sad that I also meet this problem two times,Mix Rack Boot Failure
    A&H has aknowledged right in this thread to be a recognised manufacturing problem.
    So if I want to fix it again,should I have to pay it again?[:(!][:(!]

abc

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.