PL-Anet, scenes and more

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions PL-Anet, scenes and more

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahlund ahlund 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

Hi!

I touched on these questions in another thread but I decided to start a new thread with a better subject.

Is it possible to recall scenes form a PL-Anet device without having a surface or editor connected to the MixRack (looking to use a PL-6 for real simple sound applications)?

If “Input PAFL” is assigned to a LED, does i work like a pre fade signal indicator? With colors?

Thank You!
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yes you can make scene recalls,
    about input pafl – i dont know ihave a pl-6

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi ahlund

Yes it is possible to recall a scene via PL-Anet devices without ha surface present.

When you assign PAFL to a softkey LED on PL-remotes the LED currently only works as an On/Off state for the PAFL no metering i’m afraid.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

quote:

Yes it is possible to recall a scene via PL-Anet devices without ha surface present.

Great!

quote:

When you assign PAFL to a softkey LED on PL-remotes the LED currently only works as an On/Off state for the PAFL no metering i’m afraid.

Aha, should have understood that. Judging from Your answer, I guess the function “3 colour signal meters” mentioned in the information about the PL-6 is a “planned” feature? It would be great to be able to use the LED:s above the faders on a PL-6 as pre fader signal indicators!

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

PL6 was originally designed to work with iDR8 and iDR4 processors. In those you can use the LED as level sensing. Im pretty sure that iLive doesnt send meetering info through the PL port, but i could be wrong.

The easiest way to make this stuff work is to use A PL8 with some switches to trigger scene changes. This is a great way to switch vocal mic to talk back just using a foot switch on state.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of ahlund
    ahlund
    Participant

Oops, I didn’t think about the IDR4/8. Will put this in the “wishlist” for future updates.

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.