XML-Documentation

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions XML-Documentation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geddy Geddy 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Werner-Schwab
    Werner-Schwab
    Participant

Does an documentation about the informations in the XML-files exists? I’m thinking about an report generator for checking the activitities during the scens of a show. br

ws.

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

XML-files doc is in my interest as well. Quite sure that there is one existing, but how to make it available to techs being able to read and understand.
    rgds Gunter

Werner-Schwab
    Participant

I guenter, I’m also quite sure that one exits. Hi people from ilive-development-team, provide us a link for download the requested document.

br ws.

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi All,

We don’t have any documentation over the XML show files; as we never designed these files to be viewable or editable by a user.

If you want to have a look at the scene contents inside of a show, you can expand your show using the ‘USB Scene Transfer’ function in the Utility page on your surface (or known as ‘Scene Import/Export’ in iLive Editor).
    Or recall the show Offline in iLive Editor to preview each scene’s content.

If you want the ability to generate a report into the differences between two scenes, I could add this onto our software suggestion list if you like.

Hope that helps,

AndyH

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Andy, this would be very useful to us.

We use the same basic system week-in/week-out, and make changes to the setup in incremental stages as needs grow or ancillary equipment fails. There are so many things to get wrong when making an update to be used by others who don’t have the knowledge or rights to edit the desk programming, and with the best will in the world we still come unstuck occasionally when things get muted that shouldn’t be, etc. Having a “differences report” would help solve this, particularly if it can delve into scenes inside show files, and if it can tell us things like “Aux 3 is muted in the new scene, but was unmuted in the old. Did you mean that?” Such a report would also be really useful in building an accurate changelog for those managers coming at things from a software-development background, or for telling a team of operators what you’ve done, for example.

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Werner-Schwab
    Participant

Yes, I agree fully with abstractnoise. It’s that what I would like to know between the scences.

br ws.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.