Furture Hardware Improvements – Suggestions?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Furture Hardware Improvements – Suggestions?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tk2k tk2k 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Relax. We’re just dreaming of what to add to an already outstanding system. Yes I wouldn’t mind pres on the surface. Yes I can add external pres. And more cables. And no recall on settings. Yes I know it will add cost. And I don’t expect A&H to ever offer it. It’s just a wish list.

And what all wi-fi standards have I missed? 802.11g should still work with almost anything and is 9 years old. N is over 3 years old (but my 5 year old MacBook has it). AC is just beginning. So probably a G/N router built in. Just less cables and power supplies to deal with. A&H could also control the firmware and make setting it up a snap. Not that it’s hard as it is, but again. Just a wish list.

As far as something I would absolutely love to see is an adjustable slope on the hpf. That would be excellent and usable by everyone I do believe. :)

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

A bigger touch screen or a kit to hook up a bigger touch screen that would mount in place of that tiny one.
    Filters on the fans.
    Smaller would be better.
    More busses.
    Another row of outputs on the mix racks.
    Another 8 customizable buttons
    I agree with putting a usb port on top.
    MORE PRETTY LIGHTS!!! j/k

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

If you want pretty lights, buy a midas [:D]

More soft-keys and 4 programmable rotarys would indeed be nice.
    i always use the keys for monitor mixes. So nothing left for Tap, eff send,
    Wat would also be nice are scrible strips next to the softkey/rotary’s so you don’t have to put that ugly tape next to them.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

You can use an external touchscreen with the current iLive…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I would appreciate a scroll function for the right fader bank, or maybe all of them. By scroll I mena lik ea C24 or other pro tools rig, where you don’t have to switch layers completely, just scroll left or right.

Layer buttons would still snap to layer assignments, but this would like you check one channel one layer down without doing the whole layer switch.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.