Scene preview

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mjpruzin mjpruzin 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Hi there
    Last night I did a show with 10 bands on two alternating stages.I used one iLive144 + IDR10 for FOH and 1 T112 + IDR16 for Monitors, both connected via madi card. No problem for famous gain control. During sound check the monitor engineer put in mute its outputs, and wait for my gain adjustment for first 40 channels (IDR10), then he adjusted his gains and i wait for a while. Cause the channel lists was edited before by editor,we had no problems during sound check, but the problems comes during the show, because when a band is playing, in the dark of the second stage the back-liners set up the new configuration for the next band, and there is no possibility to check the next scene until we’ll recall it. So if stage engineer fails just one channel, or changes some inputs on stage boxes, we’ll find a different scene from what we had check before during the sound check. So would be very good if in the future to add something like a SCENE PREVIEW.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

1++++ for scene preview option

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI 2 X M DANTE CARDS

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

+1 for scene preview ability – even if it was only available as a special editor session. The key would be the ability to recall edit and save a scene that is not the current active scene. I also have a dream…

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

+1 for scene preview ability – even if it was only available as a special editor session. The key would be the ability to recall edit and save a scene that is not the current active scene.

That would be VERY nice!
    Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

This would be wonderful for theatre applications as well

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.