Crossover filter type on PEQ HPF/LPF

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Crossover filter type on PEQ HPF/LPF

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of HPF/LPF is employed in the PEQ section, specifically whether it’s Butterworth, LR, etc?

This is because I’m trying to configure our system to run without an external crossover, without amp tunings, and I need to know how the iDR treats the HPF/LPFs.

Many thanks in advance!

Guy

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

That is easy to measure if you have Smaart or SAT Live or whatever software to do transfer function. You’ll also measure latency this way. If you don’t have these tools arround, I can do it for you on Monday.

ddff

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Latest firmware introduced speaker processing in the FX engines.
    You should be able to patch one of the 8 fx into the output path and introduce whatever filter you want.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The speaker processing is indeed very handy in some cases, but it’s not a full featured PA controller. With that in mind it’s possible to do some simple PA processing with it, like crossovers for subwoofers…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Hi ddff (and others!)

I’ve never had to measure filters; I don’t have a set-up or software to do so, but I’m willing to learn! :-) I’ve never used Smaart or SATLive (which seem to be PC only.) I can run it through the normal RTA, but I don’t think that’s really accurate enough to be useful in this case.

However, so far, using Stereo Matrices as crossover outputs, with HPF and LPF is working very well indeed. The sound is extremely good on our 3 way system (soon to become 4 with Centre), even without using Crown speaker / amp tunings.

Cheers!

Guy

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, Smaart is also for MAC. And no, you can’t use RTA for measuring filters as it will not show phase and will not be coherent with input signal time wise. As I’m also interested what offers speaker matrix (haven’t used yet) I’ll do some measurements tomorrow.

ddff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.