Dante – cable length

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante – cable length

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

so far my most secure setup for recording
    (with 50meters cat5 self grimped)
    win7 pro 64bit
    no antivir installed
    firewall off (i made shortcuts on the desktop)
    see here:
    https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/163367-windows-firewall-turn-off-shortcuts.html

win7 aero off (switched to xp)

boot the computer “into the dante network”
    (i live on and running then turn computer on)

for us it worths it to have a cat tester see here:
    https://store.cablesplususa.com/utpnete.html

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Your PC may well have a cable tester built in. Gigabit network interfaces from Intel (‘Diagnostics’ in the ‘Link Speed’ tab of the interface’s device manager window), Broadcom (‘Advanced Control Suite’), Marvell (‘Virtual Cable Tester’), and maybe others, can all include various diagnostics. These tools are specific to the network interface driver, as opposed to being seperate pieces of software; I don’t know if the Mac drivers offer similar functionality.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I guess the termination of the connectors is the issue… as Jeff pointed out before…
    The networking guys control the simple settings and then the connectors if something is not working.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

maybe DANTE with out the cable?
    https://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/digital-audio-networking/e-beam-laser/ebeam

anybody have tested this solution?

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI 2 X M DANTE CARDS

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, it doesn’t look as a proper solution for live event. I remember these laser systems been used for internet providers, they even had alignment compensation for wall thermal movements during the year, so beam would get to the receiver. Imagine smoke, vibration, hands up in the crowd, etc.

ddff

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by KoleThomsen
    MacBook Pro, as written in my previous post. I too turned off wifi every time, mostly because I was thinking wifi would confuse DHCP/IP-adresses…

I found out the wireless has to be off during Dante controller is launched otherwise remote unit (iDR) cannot be accessed. Once patching is done and DVS is running, recording software open and DVS status is connected, wifi can be enabled and has no further effect to Dante. Maybe I’m wrong in my observations, but so far there is nothing against that.

ddff

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.