DARS Sync

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

I am researching this on the internet but mostly I am finding the specifications for this. Can someone please tell me some devices that provide this type of clock? I have a rab 1 module, can word clock be used with it, what about a device with a standard aes port? I’m just really confused. Thanks for all of the help.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I’m afraid RAB1 doesn’t provide any Word Clock connectivity, but DARS is fully compliant with AES3 standards and can be used to deliver or to receive a sync reference to/from AES3 (AES/EBU) devices.

DARS is documented in AES11-2003. It is a standard AES3 bit stream derived from a master reference. More info here:
    https://broadcastengineering.com/mag/broadcasting_inside_aea_digital/

If you need Word Clock, you can update to RAB2 and use your existing EtherSound AVD module with the M-ES-V1-BASE mounting kit to adapt it to fit RAB2 slots – this saves you the money of a new M-ES-V2 EtherSound card. Have a look at the ‘Understanding RAB2’ document in the iLive download section.

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.