dual rack

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gints
    Gints
    Participant

I have a T112 with IDR48, I want to connect another IDR48 as Port B. Stage monitors would only be controlled by Ilive editor, no other console. What audio networking card connection is better? Modules used in each Micrack? I do not want to use ILive Editor using wireless, WiFi in happen to hang with control.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

One Dante card in each of the IDR48 units and a gigabit switch between them should provide you with digital split and recording to a computer with dvs nstalled connected to the gigabitswitch. Laptop editor plugs straight into monitor IDR with ethernet cable. No wifi involved.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sveiks, Gints!

Do you need dual setup in order to have more than 48 inputs on the system?
    Most easy way to achieve this would be ACE card in one of systems.
    If you’re talking about signal split FOH/ Monitors there are number of options- Dante, Madi, ACE. Regarding ACE, I’m not sure if you can solve split just by fitting card in one of iDR or you need pair.

ddff

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You need a Pair of ACE cards to do a SPLIT system , or just one to do dual rack (expansion)on the T series – however this doesn’t offer a digital recording solution so either Dante or Madi is the best option.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.