Show/Scene Version Format

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Show/Scene Version Format

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndyH AndyH 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’ve seen references to reading then re-saving scenes to upgrade them to the current storage format and avoid long load times. Is is adequate to load then save the show file, or do the individual scenes in the show need to be saved then save the show file?

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi dburris,

Yes, you will need to re-save individual scenes and the show.

To get better recall times on old scenes you will need to;
    1. Recall the scene, to load the settings.
    2. Then re-save the scene. And do this for every old scene you wish to update.

Then re-save your show.

For more information, I’ve copied and pasted the 1.8 Release Notes:

‘Note 3: V1.7 onwards fixed an error with the Gate and Comp Sidechain settings. It auto updates
    the settings in old Scenes when they are recalled which can increase recall time. To restore normal
    recall time please use V1.8 to recall then resave the Scenes in the old Shows (V1.6 and earlier) you
    wish to use. Re-archive the Shows when this is done.’

Hope that helps,

AndyH

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks! I thought that was the case. Just wanted to confirm. Kind of a shame though that it can’t correct the scenes in the show as it is read in then save the newer format. I suppose something in your architecture is making that difficult.

Is there any need to do this with the various flavors of 1.8x?

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Nope, there’s no issue if you created the scene in any 1.8 version or any 1.7 version.

AndyH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.