Editor freezing!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor freezing!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

I’ve suddenly got a case of “freezing” with Editor Ver. 1.82. I’ve had versions all the way back to 1.7 something and never had any do this. It seems to cycle about 7 to 8 secs on and 3 secs frozen. Everything freezes…controls, windows, menus, scroll bars for about 3 secs. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed, rebooting in-between each and still no luck. It even does this in offline mode. The log in offline mode shows a connection and disconnection to 127.0.0.1 for each session. When connecting to the iDR32 it shows the connection to 192.168.1.1 and then a connection to 127.0.0.1 and the reverse upon shut down.

Anyone had this happen before and know what could cause this before I contact A&H. It worked fine when first installed and for a while when re-installed the first time but now acts up every time.

Thanks! Scott

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Hi Scott
    This suddenly started happening to me yesterday, in exactly the same situation you described. Last run through and premiere today. Did you ever resolve this?

Dan

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Dan,

That happened at or after V1.83 was out. I had asked support but they hadn’t seen that particular problem. I updated and that took care of my problem. I’d wondered if it was a conflict with some other software or driver but I’ve haven’t seen it with 1.83. Really weird how it cycled on and off at almost the same period. I’ve seen meter slowness or freezing (not the controls) on the tablet and iPAD occasionally but I believe that’s just due to router capabilities (probably multicast) that I need to resolve with a better router or access point. I have a D-link 615? currently that has a Multicast selection but I’m not sure it’s fully implemented.

If you suspect it’s software related we could compare what we have but we’re on opposite types of laptops so I guess that seems like a long shot. I really should use a dedicated machine as I have a lot of software on this one.

quote:

Originally posted by scruffyd

Hi Scott
    This suddenly started happening to me yesterday, in exactly the same situation you described. Last run through and premiere today. Did you ever resolve this?

Dan

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.