Master rack in Dual rack setup

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Master rack in Dual rack setup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ecombrink
    ecombrink
    Participant

I read that the Master rack in a dual rack setup must be fitted with an ACE card an must be connected to the surface.

I want to know if it is possible to connect the surface to the slave rack fitted with an ACE card, which connects to the masterrack.

I want to do this because I want to fit the master rack with an MMO card. (The slave rack is in the orchestra pit and I want to record using ADAT). I am testing this configuration now and I think it works?

Does anybody have any experience with this configuration?

Eric

T112 & iDR-48 & iDR-32 & Iphone & Ipad2 & PC & MAC

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Eric

The configuration you have described is not valid i’m afraid. With a Dual Rack system you must connect the master Mixrack PortB:ACE to the slave mixrack Primary ACE port with a T-series fixed format iLive system like you have.

I’m afraid you will have to fit the MMO module to PortB of the slave mixrack and send audio you wish to record out of Port B:MMO of the slave mixrack.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of ecombrink
    ecombrink
    Participant

Hi Sam, Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Eric

T112 & iDR-48 & iDR-32 & Iphone & Ipad2 & PC & MAC

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ecombrink

You could expand your dual rack system by adding an expander to master mixrack PortB Link2. You could then place the expander somewhere near your ADAT machine for some extra analogue inputs/outputs and Place the MMO mudule in PortB of the expander for recording, while your slave rack still remains in the Orchestra pit.

Please note: make sure PortB ACE redundancy is ‘Off’ if you wish to set this up.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.