Dante card with iDR32

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante card with iDR32

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hedgian
    hedgian
    Participant

I currently run an iLive T80 with iDR32 and am planning on purchasing a dante card. In theory, the card should give me 64 outs to my computer over CAT5. But is that 64 outs limited by the 24 outs on the iDR32? Does iLive know I have more channel outputs available on my dante than my iDR32?

In other words, can I record ALL 32 inputs into my iDR32, directly after the 1st level of gain, through Dante? Multi-track recording on all my inputs is the goal here.

Hope I’m making myself vaguely clear.

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

All iLive-Systems in SingleRack-Mode can handle 64 Inputs and 32 Mixbusses. BUT the Direct-Outputs of the Inputs are separatly available. So Yes, you can record all 32 Inputs of your iDR32 :-)

Regards,

Thomas

In Use & For Rent
    iLive T112 / iDR48
    https://www.lange-ohlemeyer.de
    https://www.lange-ohlemeyer.de/blog

Profile photo of hedgian
    hedgian
    Participant

Great. Thanks Thomas. I was just not sure what the Dante “sees” from the iLive system. Thanks for the clarification.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Dante will ‘see’ whatever you tell it to – I record my up to 32 ins plus a stereo matrix of the main mix as a guide track for post production, but if I wanted I could also record the effects returns, groups, or anything else that I put my mind to – the Dante screen allows a wide variety of sources to be selected.

Adam Biggs
    iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by hedgian

Great. Thanks Thomas. I was just not sure what the Dante “sees” from the iLive system. Thanks for the clarification.

In short:
    Everything you can assign to a physical output, you can also assign to a Dante output.
    Direct out’s of all input channels, all insert-outs, all mix channels, …

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Yep. What they all said. It’s pretty nice to be able to record anything you want. I mean I guess if you’re running a full 64 inputs you’re stuck with that, but I only run about 20-24 channels through Dante. I’m gonna set up recording the in-ear mixes soon. Just so I can get an idea of what everyone is hearing. ;)

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and Dante. ;)

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Are you quite sure you want to hear the IEM mixes?! I did that last year and it shocked me … and taught me a hell of a lot! I no longer assume that ‘artists’ can mix their own in-ears using either the PL10s or Aviom – they need instruction in the beginning.

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Well as you said it taught you a lot. I’m hoping to learn also. Fwiw I’m mixing the in-ears and most everyone is happy. The lead singer struggles sometimes. I’ve never mixed iem’s before and just wanna hear what everyone is hearing and see what I can do to help. May prove fruitless but I won’t know until I try. ;)

And to clarify I also perform so I have my own mix and can’t easily hear what they’re hearing.

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and Dante. ;)

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Here I got a question – how do I route FX return signals to Dante?

ddff

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

In editor, go to I/O setup. Choose the Dante pane. Highlight the Dante channel you wish to feed from an effect output.In ‘select output source’ choose Rack FX. Then choose Rack FX unit nr an output number. Done.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

OK, thanks- I’ve missed such option. Will check if I have that also on surface.

ddff

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Scruffyd & ddff lv

Just to Clarify RackFX Outputs are taken directly from the output of the FX unit. There is no level fader for this output or FX PEQ option.

If you wish to have an output level fader for the FX unit to Dante, you will need to either send the output of the FX unit to a mix channels e.g. matrix channel External input then send the Matrix channel to Dante.
    or use the ‘input fx’ return and send this return to either a group or aux then use the group or aux to Dante so you will have an output level fader.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.