Noise on scene change

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Noise on scene change

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Has anyone experienced a short and loud sound like a feedback? I had this surprise last night, sounded like effect been sent to itself- very strange and “digitally sounding” feedback. It’s gone when scene is fully loaded. It takes about 1.5 sec to load and the sound was there for 300 … 500 ms.

ddff

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Has anyone experienced a short and loud sound like a feedback? I had this surprise last night, sounded like effect been sent to itself- very strange and “digitally sounding” feedback. It’s gone when scene is fully loaded. It takes about 1.5 sec to load and the sound was there for 300 … 500 ms.

ddff

Hi, I seem to remember someone else had a similar problem recently, turned out to be something in one of the scenes (perhaps a pre amp gain or trim change ??) try a search of the archives or make sure the offending scene(s) is “clean” that is has no sudden gain changes or a repatch etc……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Or it could be phantom power coming on somewhere in the new scene – I also recall something in an old post about this.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

No scenes did not have any gain or phantom status changes- just mutes. It was my post about an eathquake on phantom status change with scene- this has logical explanation. Basically that setup was quite simple- i had 2 PA systems one fed from mains, sub from matrix and secondary PA from a stereo group. First 10 channels were routed to secondary PA only, other 30 to main PA. Scene 1 had first 10 channels open, group unmuted and sent to matrix (subs). Scene 2 had first 10 channels muted, group muted, last 30 channels open and sent to main and also matrix (subs).
    Nothing complicated, I think.

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

This problem occures when you recall a MOO Phaser.
    That was my problem some time ago…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

There was no phaser in scenes.

ddff

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Yea i had the same feedback on scene change! i had some channels on recall save all other channels muted, the feedback was about less than 1 second, i think it happens due to very very very long scene loading time!!!!, the scenes were almost identical but there was some changes in pre amp and pad settings, probably iLive makes the pad , pre amp & patch settings to slow ..

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI 2 X M DANTE CARDS

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

…, probably iLive makes the pad , pre amp & patch settings to slow ..

Seems to be related to my problem:
    https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1723

Any statement from A&H? This is a serious problem…

Thanks and greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi,

In v1.7 we noticed there was a slight error in the gate and compressor side chain filter settings. We correct this ‘on the fly’ so every time you recall an old scene, it’ll take a little longer to process. So if you are running v1.72 or v1.8 we recommend users recall each scene, and re-save their scene. This will result in quicker scene recalls. For more information on this issue please see the 1.8 iLive Release Notes.

If you are still experiencing the problem after this, then I think we need to examine your show file to see what is causing your issue. It’s easier for us if you contact our Technical Support team with your show, as sending and receiving files on the forum is rather difficult.

I hope that helps,

AndyH

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

Andy,

easy to reproduce:

IP channel with a continuous signal source connected.
    Assign that channel to a DCA.
    Channel Mute ON DCA Mute OFF
    Save to scene 1
    Channel Mute OFF DCA Mute ON
    Save to scene 2.
    Everytime you switch scenes (1->2 or 2->1) the channel is live for a short period.

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the info,

AndyH

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, it looks like sequential recall, so that’s a good way to lose your job or make audience to s?&@t their pants. I solved the situation by creating extra scenes where everything is muted, so instead of recalling one scene I recall two.

ddff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.