Red cross on madi screen.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Red cross on madi screen.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tuejo Tuejo 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Hey Ilivers.

Under “Healthy” I have a red cross on my Madiport. What can course this? It´s a Lynx Aurora16 with madi card in it. According to the Lynx it is in Sync but as soon as I connect the Aurora out to the Madi Ilive in, I get the error led on the card in the B-slot and the red cross on the screen.

I have tried changeing the madi card in the Lynx and another Lynx and a firmware update.

My SSL MX4 will lock and stay healthy/happy with my Ilive port.

I´m pretty sure that it is a problem with the Lynx output but any idea what? What will make the Ilive to turn up with a red cross?

Best from Tue

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Tue,

This redcross under the healthy link would suggest that you are recieving a digital clock but the clock may not be valid for the iLive. Check to make sure that you are sending a valid audio clock at the correct Sample rate 48K only.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

The Lynx is set as slave to the Madiport and the IDR is master. The Lynx locks on to the signal from the IDR at 48 KHz. It is the return signal from the Lynx that the IDR reports error on.

Any Idea what would course this?

Best from Tue

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Bump

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You have to break the loop, I guess
    If the iDR ist master the it sholud not receive any sync signal
    The return signal is phase shifted!

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I dont think it´s that. I should be able to use both in and out from the converter with Ilive as master.

Even with Lynx as master and the Ilive only recieving madi it reports error. Ilive can lock on to the signal but it still has got this red cross under madi “healthy”.

What would make the Ilive call a Madi input not Healthy?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Tuejo

The status of the MADI link is as follows:
    Signal: Some sort of digital signal detected.
    MADI Lock: Found a valid MADI stream in the signal.
    Healthy: Green if no 4b5b symbol errors or AES3 parity errors have been detected in the stream.

Are you hearing any audio problems? Is it possible for you to loop a 5 kHz+ sine wave through the system and listen for any clicks?

With this information I will contact Lynx and see if we can work out what the issue is here.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.

I posted your reply to Paul from Lynx and Benum. I have Benum to do a test with a new Aurora and a new IDR with madi. If it turns out to be a problem with a single unit then thats it. If it turns out to be a problem in general – I will let you know.

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Hi Jeff. It looks like a problem in general. I have posted a longer mail to support along with a audioclip. Please help if you can.

Best from Tue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.