MixPad Update v1.81 available …

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MixPad Update v1.81 available …

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe90 Joe90 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Re EQ “Draw” like Presonus – This would be OK but I would prefer the ability to recall eq presets from mixpad – Safer and more accurate for known speaker types. Presonus do have some nice features though – I also like the way you rotate the iPad to get to the full channel strip/processing with every channel available to select down the right side. Nice.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

I agree, they are nifty features, but I would rather have access to more editing features on mixpad such as effects parameters, tap tempo + sceneshow and more mixpad custom layouts :)

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I missing “copy&paste” for EQ settings and I need access to the iLive tone-generator.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I missing “copy&paste” for EQ settings and I need access to the iLive tone-generator.

+1 for tonegenrator control on the ipad!!

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

I have been using the ipad app quite a lot recently and after spending the last couple of weeks with it have a few suggestions of my own.

FX editor tabs,
    Tap tempo is pretty much essential for me. So would like to see a tap button somewhere or a softkey tab at least.

A superstrip would be handy, maybe utilising the top half of the screen for this and the bottom half for channel faders?

I guess i could also mention that the whole size could be smaller to fit in more faders? For me, the fader dont need to be as big.

Tone gen control would be handy, but not essential for me, i normally work off the faders for walking zones within a venue.

Why is there not a scene page within the app?

Now the most important thing…
    When i first start the app up it works perfectly, but occasionally the ipad2 will go into standby if not touched for a while and then i get a “lost wifi” error message within the mixpad app.
    Although it is still obviously connected, a few times i have been adjusting something only for it not to do anything. I glance at the surface and notice that although the mixpad behaves like it is connected, it is actually not controlling anything.

So i would love a little update so that there is extra code added for confirming a stable connection between the app and mixrack.
    Maybe something as simple as a little green or red light somewhere visible in mixpad?

In summary, i was a little unsure about spending £70gbp on this app, but now its hard to believe i used to carry my macbook around a venue! The ipad app is so simple and effective. It doesnt quite replace the laptop, and it certainly doesnt replace the surface, however it does have its place in saving time and stress if you are on your own trying to soundcheck a band on your own.

I quite like the fact i can easily switch my working position from either onstage, to offstage or even within the top of the tiered seating in an arena!

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Graham – a work around for the iPad Standby problem is to go to settings and change the Auto-Lock setting to Never before using the Mixpad app.

A feature I would love to see is to have NEXT/PREVIOUS mix/Select buttons. This could use the existing Ch and Mix indicator buttons in the top right corner. My idea would be that if both the current CH and MIX are the same (ie both showing the same aux) then the two buttons would be automatically activated to become Next (lower mix button)or Previous(upper Ch button)aux selection. That way when doing monitors with the GEQ selected and inputs on the lower half you can quickly move between monitor sends without needing to go back to the mix tab, scroll to the next aux, double tap to select mix, tap to select channel processing, then return to the input tab! Either that or some other way to easily select the next/previous mix and processing similar to the surface PAFL/MIX/SEL linking option

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

With reference to Graham’s post the connection status suggestion is a great one, the other day this happened to me with a dropped connection and not realising it until nothing actually was changing.

At present in the utility > style tab you have colour options for background, border, disabled and text. Can another be added for lost connection so when wifi drops out the background changes to a chosen colour and when it reconnects reverts back to your normal chosen colour / appearence and if you don’t want this just set the ‘background’ and ‘lost wifi background’ the same settings. This would definately be quite obvious MixPad wasn’t connected and in my opinion the more obvious it is the better…

Also can the CH. (channel) and MIX buttons be one button with the default setting being CH. and you press it to enter MIX layout and the button turns red like the mute button to let you know your in the MIX dislay (even though this is pretty obvious) and you press it again to go back to CH. display. In other words one press toggles the view.

One less button would give enough room to have an extra tab for a SCene and sOFT key tab (SCOFT) and on this tab have the 8 soft keys as in the surface and the surface scene keys.

This may well also give enough room to have the “Custom 2” tab also available on the lower part of the screen rather than just upper part of the screen which would give a lot more flexibility of the MixPad in my opinion.

Also thumbs up to Stix’s idea also…

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad2 & MixPad

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Another MixPad request, I wish the mute button was excluded from being coloured when a channel is selected, occasionally at a glance I sometimes I think the channel is muted when it is not (probably doesn’t help me being red/green colour blind!).

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad2 & MixPad

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.