iLive classes…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive classes…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detonator Detonator 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

I’ve read that Justin Eggleton will be the new training manager for U.S. Allen & Heath & iLive products… Will we be seeing training classes around the country? I’m sure many users and prospective buyers could benefit greatly from interactive classes, myself at the top of the list!

-Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va

T112 R72 idr48 idr32

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

+1

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

This would be cool….

The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

There are already some certification classes happening around the US, but they are offered through dealers in your area with the help of rep firms and A&H.
    Its good that they will have someone dedicated to this now. It will help standarise the material.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Great news. How about filming some of the training sessions & posting it on the A&H YouTube channel? Not likely any training going to happen anywhere near me, and it would be great to hear/watch someone who knows the console inside out.

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

+1 on that Ian…… Do you often get the weird stare because your not using a PM5d or avid ……. I will not conform !!!!

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

tried both of those Chris and still prefer the iLive, been doing the orchestra stems on a Symphonic Queen show over summer PM5 FOH and an M7 on monitors chucked the toys out my pram to use 112 and an iDR10.
    No complaints about the Orchestra[8D]

Detonator
    Participant

Still interested in iLive classes… (or training videos) – would like to hear some definitive info from the mothership about whether or not this is in the plans, esp. for the USA, (east coast would be dandy).

The success that Yamaha has had with their classes should be a good indicator of the value of these…

Respectfully,

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 Dir-815

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

American Music and Sound are currently listing certified training sessions for iLive
    There are contact details on that page so you should also get in touch with Justin Eggleton to enquire about events in your location.
    https://www.americanmusicandsound.com/en/pages/press/iLiveTrainingandCertification.html

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Detonator
    Participant

Yes, I know the link – it basically leads to no information. I did find that by going to the link and using the search function on “training”, the iLive schedule is listed, but there are no classes listed after Oct 17-18. I will try to get in touch with Justin E., I’m just hoping A & H will be more proactive with training, either in the field or online.

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

What kind of videos would you guys like for the ilive?
    I was thinking about making some advanced videos for my clients and i wouldnt mind sharing here.
    Maybe we can start a thread with a few video topic requests so i can gauge whatq kind of videos would be more beneficial to the community.

I am torn between begginer or advanced videos and their usefulness.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Detonator
    Participant

Gil –

I’m sure areas of interest for videos would run the gamut, I personally would like more advanced videos on areas such as show/scene management as “set up” and as “live” usage, live recording techniques, efficient monitor bus usage.

It would be nice to have a complete “self training” program to allow a user to start with absolute basics and continue through to advanced subject matter, though this is not your responsibility! Even advanced users can benefit from a refresher that can often fill in holes in knowledge.

Thanks for considering this project!

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.