Android

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Robert Robert 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

Not to sound like a jerk but 5 mins is long but can’t you multi task? Maybe set up some mics/Patch some cables while everything boots up? Just a thought? That’s how long it takes me to label out an analogue desk and set up my comps rack if I’m using house equipment/tour desk. But I march to the beat of my own drum……… And it’s a slow beat hahaha aha.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Hey – i am NOT female – so no – i am not multi tasking… ;o)

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I think we have enough control options as it is, introducing more just extends the release timeframe so we have to wait longer for newer base features.

If you want to use a tablet, buy an iPad. At least then you absolutely know 100% for sure that it will work. With Android, it depends on what version of the OS the tablet is running, screen resolutions and hardware specs. That is too hit and miss for this industry. Maybe one day, but in the mean time i’d sooner pay a little bit more for an iPad and know that its going to work out of the box.

I’d sooner A&H release an API rather than another control option, that way if a 3rd party or anyone else wants to build their own interface so you can control it from a toaster, then all power to them.

This mixer has more control options than anything else I can think of on the market. I’d sooner A&H put their resources into developing the core platform now and not get sidetracked with control applications.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Thats your opinion.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

So still one question, is the Android Support coming sometimes?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

SteffenR
    Participant

I renew the question…
    Is there an Android Version of MixPad coming in the future?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi All,
    Sorry we haven’t answered this question.

We have had requests for Android apps. We still get far more requests for ipad apps. and a few for iphone Tweak improvements.

We are very interested in doing an Android app for a tablet and would be interested in what Android hardware we should target. There has also been difficulty getting Android tablets in some regions, maybe this has resolved now.
    To answer the person who is choosing between an ipad or an Android route now, the Android app is not imminent.

Given the iLive technology of a dedicated MixRack and ‘choose your surface’ be it a T112, R72, PC Editor or ipad. We are definately excited about Android.

regards
    Rob Clark
    A&H

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

From a selfish point of view I would rather see MixPad refined to run smoother and have soft key buttons for tap tempo and maybe scenes.

Also I’d like to see a dedicated monitor app for an iPad/Pod/Phone that a mix can be locked by the sound eng (an aux for example) so muso’s can adjust their personal mixes with out accidentally tapping out of their aux and messing around with FoH unbekown to them.

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32 – Netgear Router
    Motion Computing LE1700 -wireless.
    Dell Latitude – hardwired to MixRack for emergencies!
    iPad2 & MixPad & Spashtop.
    Dante – in the very near future.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

DEAR Rob Clark !
    I can tell you that for example in Russia one of most popular tablet is Samsung galaxy tab and you can by it in every cigarette kiosk :) and it costs cheap.
    So it will be very good idea to make Android version!

“This mixer has more control options than anything else I can think of on the market”

i think this is the KEY FEATURE of ilive system – control!!!
    you can look in other forums and you will see that onle A&H is going hand to hand with users!

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI 2 X M DANTE CARDS

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I guess you could always VNC to a laptop but, you still have the boot the laptop first… We use 3 iPad2 no issues. I usually power down between uses so things clear out. They do have their limitations you still need a lap top if you want to change configurations so you can’t go iPad only…

112T/IDR48/IDR16

SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

DEAR Rob Clark !
    I can tell you that for example in Russia one of most popular tablet is Samsung galaxy tab and you can by it in every cigarette kiosk :) and it costs cheap.
    So it will be very good idea to make Android version!

It’s not available in some countries because legal issues…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.