No metering on ipad app

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions No metering on ipad app

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of anthony
    anthony
    Participant

When i try to use the i pad app to control my idr32 it works all the levels and mutes but there is on metering on the i pad. Is there some thing i am not doing correctly or have missed.
    Regards David Anthony.

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Hi David, I don’t have an iPad, but there have been a couple of threads dedicated to it so far. Have a look down the list
    For mixpad and wifi / networks / multicast.
    From memory some of the guys were turning the metering off and then on again, to cure the problem.

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Go to your iPad settings screen and under the Mixpad listing turn metering option on (or turn it off then on again) Should fix your problem.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I also have the problem that sometimes metering gets lost or starts acting freaky. Sometimes even control is lost. It is mostly troublesome because the app doesn’t tell me that something is wrong. After a restart of the app mostly (but not allways) everything is ok again.

I’ll start by buying this DLINK router so I can use 5Ghz connection.

A&H, what about the DLINK 825?

A&H could you also test some Wifi AP’s that support IEEE 802.3at POE under let’s say 500€? Like the DLINK DAP-2553 please?

Wouter

Profile photo of anthony
    anthony
    Participant

Thanks lads it was switched on in the app but turning on and off again in settings seems to have done the trick now have all meters back.
    Regards David Anthony,

T80-idr32

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

I also have the problem that sometimes metering gets lost or starts acting freaky. Sometimes even control is lost. It is mostly troublesome because the app doesn’t tell me that something is wrong. After a restart of the app mostly (but not allways) everything is ok again.

I’ll start by buying this DLINK router so I can use 5Ghz connection.

A&H, what about the DLINK 825?

A&H could you also test some Wifi AP’s that support IEEE 802.3at POE under let’s say 500€? Like the DLINK DAP-2553 please?

Wouter

Meters acting freaky happens a lot to me too. I’m on my 3rd wifi router(ASUS RT-N56U). This last one has dual band. I tried both 2.4 & 5Ghz at different gigs while paying close attention to select a clean wifi channel. I got same result on both ipad1 &2. Terminating mixpad, then relaunching fixes the situation. Thank God it starts pretty quick unlike the editor.Multicast on/off doesn’t make any difference.
    I usually run 1 or 2 ipads, 1 editor wired, 1 editor wi-fi’ed.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    M-Dante.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

[/quote]
    I’m on my 3rd wifi router(ASUS RT-N56U). This last one has dual band. I tried both 2.4 & 5Ghz at different gigs while paying close attention to select a clean wifi channel. I got same result on both ipad1 &2. T
    [/quote]

HI,

I use the DLINK 815 dual band router. i tried the 5Ghz ( 811n ) and it din’t work out very well. Then i switched to the 811a protocol. Its only 54Mb speed but is fast enough. Because i don’t use/need the 300Mb 811n protocol i feel that it is much more stable. With the the 811n they use different tricks to maintain the speed ( dual streams etc. ) I also switched the 2,4Ghz off because the ipad was constant switching between the 2,4 and 5Ghz
    Will use it friday outdoors and report back with the settings i use

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wi-fi-performance,2985.html

I was catching up on reading the other day and ran across this test on routers. I learned a lot from the article on why my router messes up some times.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.