Editor – shifting IP faders to the right

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor – shifting IP faders to the right

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Greetings –

Can somone help me understand how to do this with the Editor?

—-> Shift IP faders 9-20 to 11-22

The iDR inputs don’t need to be sequential.

I don’t own a control surface.

Thank you!

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I guess I don’t quite understand your question.

Are you wanting to re-assign what is on socket 9 to socket 11 and so on? If it is, click preamp under processing select (left side of screen) then click select on the input strip and then in the source select, you can assign what socket that input DSP uses.

If this isn’t what you are looking for, could you give a little more information on what it is you are looking to do?

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

Greetings –

Can somone help me understand how to do this with the Editor?

—-> Shift IP faders 9-20 to 11-22

The iDR inputs don’t need to be sequential.

I don’t own a control surface.

Thank you!

If I understand your question, you can only rearrange strips in the “Custom” panel….

check setup mode on lower right of editor and select strip ,enter a name for this custom layer and click and drag the strips in the order that you want……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ray’s

quote:

If I understand your question, you can only rearrange strips in the “Custom” panel….

You can also re arrange any of the surface layout strips.

Tim

Select I/P from the north tool bar this will show you the available input channels on the mixer then select either Surface or Custom from the same toolbar this will then show you your surface layout or custom channel strip both of which can be edited.

In the setup mode on the West tool bar select: strip and in the processing view select multi

You can now drag multiple input/mix channels from the I/P or mix window to the Surface & Custom strip layouts.

If you place your cursor over the top of a strip you will replace what is in that strip.
    If you place the cursor between 2 strips you will insert your selected chanels between the 2 strips. All channel strips to the right side of where you innsert your new channels strips will be shifted right.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Ray’s

quote:

You can also re arrange any of the surface layout strips.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Of course!! but the poster not having a surface I would think that the best way to use the editor would be with a series of custom layouts….I do however stand corrected …my answer should have read you can rearrange the custom strips…..

thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Tim

If you place your cursor over the top of a strip you will replace what is in that strip.
    If you place the cursor between 2 strips you will insert your selected chanels between the 2 strips. All channel strips to the right side of where you innsert your new channels strips will be shifted right.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Something else I’ve noticed is that layers 1-4 are “logically grouped together” within their bank. If you insert a number of new strips, for instance in Layer 1 all the strips in Layers 2-4 will get bumped up. Any pushed off the end of Layer 4 are gone, but deleting strips will move the others back toward Layer 1 etc. When I say delete that’s by dragging a strip off a layer into a blank area on the desktop. Also of note is that the first time you drag a strip off that space goes gray. If you repeat with the gray space the strips to the right then move back. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to work this way just something I’ve noticed. This was also in the editor offline, I haven’t tried it when connected yet.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad soon I hope.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond

quote:

Tim

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

… When I say delete that’s by dragging a strip off a layer into a blank area on the desktop. Also of note is that the first time you drag a strip off that space goes gray. If you repeat with the gray space the strips to the right then move back. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to work this way just something I’ve noticed.

Scott

Yes that is normal and allows you to create blank strips between used ones. It’s the equivalent of “unused” when setting strip assignments on the surface.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Yes that is normal and allows you to create blank strips between used ones. It’s the equivalent of “unused” when setting strip assignments on the surface.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Thanks for confirming that Richard!

When using dual monitors on the laptop blank strips can be nice with all the screen real estate. Let’s me segregate things even more if needed. Stumbling onto the fact that the layers are connected in a bank is a nice touch as well. Just makes it a little quicker to drag blocks of 8 or 12 faders into layer 1 and load a whole bank without having to switch layers. The little touches do make a difference.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Thanks everyone — this is almost exactly the solution I desired. I’m happy. I’d forgotten about custom strips — I used them early on, 1.53 or thereabouts, and when an upgrade wiped my custom strip configuration, I never looked back. Now I’ve created all kinds of fancy strips with FX returns next to inputs! I probably won’t win a UI design competition but it works for me :) :) Thanks again!

sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

Thanks everyone — this is almost exactly the solution I desired. I’m happy. I’d forgotten about custom strips — I used them early on, 1.53 or thereabouts, and when an upgrade wiped my custom strip configuration, I never looked back. Now I’ve created all kinds of fancy strips with FX returns next to inputs! I probably won’t win a UI design competition but it works for me :) :) Thanks again!

Never Surrender Tim, Never Surrender! [:D]

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.