Mix Pad version

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mix Pad version

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-B John-B 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Hi

Ilive editor and hardware firmware must have identical version numbers.

Does anybody know if this also applies to mix pad software?

I know this may sound like a no-brainer to some of you but I have just purhased an idr32 and would like be certain about this before I go ahead on the mix pad software.

Thanks

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I think you just need to have 1.80 or later – I haven’t updated since 1.80 but there’d be plenty of users here using MixPad with 1.82… I find the only stability issues I have are router issues, nothing to do with the software.
    PS Buy it, you won’t regret the investment!

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Once a new Mixpad version becomes available, your ipad will prompt you as long as you have some sort of Internet connection on your ipad.

Everything is very cool with the application. I’m only missing tap tempo feature. You will like it.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    Where is my DANTE?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Agreed – tap tempo is top of my wish list

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card

scruffyd
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’m buying.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Aiport express

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by letmefix

Once a new Mixpad version becomes available, your ipad will prompt you as long as you have some sort of Internet connection on your ipad.

Everything is very cool with the application. I’m only missing tap tempo feature. You will like it.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    Where is my DANTE?

Thats where Mumu’s BPM detection “smoaag daa joint maan” would be great… job done, no tap button required!

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3&whichpage=23

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

scruffyd
    Participant

Biggsounds, you were totally accurate in your prediction. First gig with IDR32, macbookpro and mixpad both running wireless over wimpy airport express and Akai LPD8 for essential Mutes and masters.
    Believe me I was apprehensive. But after my third round out in the audience, constantly being able to pinpont the little differences not audible at FOH I was completely sold.
    Not to mention tuning monitors and monitor mixes side by side with bandmembers. Not a single hiccup or surprise. I love this concept!

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Aiport express

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

Hi Scruffy,

Great to hear your positive comments on the system! I hope to be able to soon make the jump to a system similar to yours, with maybe an IDR16. I was noticing that you’re using an Airport Express, very cool! I hope this helps, or is of use, but Apple just came out with a new Airport Extreme Base station, which is identical to previous versions, EXCEPT, it has a transmitter output power that is 2-3 times stronger than previous versions. Also, it’ll also transmit in the 2.4 AND 5GHZ bands simultaneously. Thanks again for sharing your experiences, and I hope this helps. Here is a link to the US Apple Store:

https://store.apple.com/us/product/MD031LL/A/AirPort-Extreme?fnode=MTY1NDA0Mg&mco=MjI5NTk3NDk

John

scruffyd
    Participant

Hey John

The airport extreme is great and I have one. I wanted to see how slim I could make my personal mix setup, hence the old Airport Express, it’s so tiny and handy. Hmm I wonder if it can handle ilive editor and airtunes simultaneously…..

What am I thinking! I have Dante

I have to test the Extreme and see how well it deals with Dante coming from a gigabit switch and editor/ipad wirelessly.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Aiport express

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Scruffy

We have been testing various routers for compatibility with the iLive system and other 3rd party products such as the Apple iPad and iPhone.

From our experience the new Apple Extrreme did not get very good results. This could be due to many factors from wireless interference, or processing power of the router.

Here is a link to our tested routers and how compatible they are with ilive systems: https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Router_Compatibility_Version_1.pdf

quote:

I have to test the Extreme and see how well it deals with Dante coming from a gigabit switch and editor/ipad wirelessly.

Please read through this previous topic about Dante and wireless https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1617

I hope this helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

Hi Scruffy & Sam,
    Thanks for that info! Ahh…So much to learn about this system! I look forward to perhaps checking out one at the US distributor American Music And Sound soon.
    Thanks much!
    John

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.