Midi tunnelling

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Midi tunnelling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pealsound pealsound 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pealsound
    pealsound
    Participant

I have just got my idr48, t112 surface and mmo card (for my alesis 24 track). Everything works fine except I can’t get midi tunnelling to work. The surface transmits messages to the out port of the rack but I can’t get external devices to use the in/out ports as described in iLive MIDI Protocol – Firmware V1.8.

On the firmware note, the surface was shipped with 1.82 but the rack was shipped with a 1.81 sticker over the ACE port. As I’ve said everything seems to be working fine so I haven’t altered the firmware yet.

I’ve tried 2 different ethernet drums 80m and 100m. Any ideas?

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

You need to have the same version of firmware on the surface and the Rack or you will run into problems.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Pealsound

It is best practice to have all units running the same firmware version whenever possible.

This should not be a cabling issue if the iLive connects and works correctly, and you said that you can get MIDI out of the mixrack and surface OUT ports correct?

Can you try a MIDI learn function using a DAW application e.g. Ableton live just to see if you can get that working?

what are you trying to control exactly?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of pealsound
    pealsound
    Participant

Problem is solved. I updated the firmware on the mix rack (had to use the network connection), but this wasn’t the issue. It seems that if you have selected midi channel 1 in utilities/midi, then it “locks out” any thru traffic on that channel. Selecting midi channel 11 at random, I discovered everything I’m using (on midi channels 1&2) was flowing through fine. I suppose this makes sense because the console must have it’s own channel, or else any midi data which happens to be passing thru would interfere with console operation.

IDR48 – T112 – MMO card

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.