use Euphonics MC Control possible? …

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions use Euphonics MC Control possible? …

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

hi there,

does anybody know if its possible to use Euphonics MC Control
    with mixrack / editor?

regards……. joe

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think you should be able to use it with Editor no problems as you can create custom midi/learn commands in Editor. The Mixrack however has a fixed midi implementation so the Euphonics unit would have to be able to send/respond to/ the correct midi strings.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad, dual M Dante/DVC

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

It should be possible as described above, but editor does not have native euphonics control nor mackie control, so you won’t see features like signal strenght indication per channel.

If you would find out how to get the channel names from the mixrack, i would be interested. It’s in the MIDI protocol, but I haven’t heard of any succes stories for that.

I would also like to hear what’s the quality and the noise level of the faders used.

Wouter

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by joefi

hi there,

does anybody know if its possible to use Euphonics MC Control
    with mixrack / editor?

regards……. joe

Joe – you may be interested in my custom environment for Logic that gets a Mackie Control working with Editor. It allows quick access to all iLive channel faders, mutes, PAFL and pans. I have an old video on UTube which shows some details, however this is now way out of date as it was made before Editor supported midi. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMbfmfpPoQ. My new logic environment works directly with Editor so requires no external midi interface other than to get to the Mackie Control. Any device that supports MC protocol will also work with it.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Nettan
    Nettan
    Participant

Is it possible to SELECT channel from midi controller somehow?

Kalle Nettan
    IDR-32/PC/BCF2000

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Not yet possible, I asked for that as well.
    Select and MixSelect options would indeed be nice.

Wouter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.