new iLive editor?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions new iLive editor?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikefogg mikefogg 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

I do use iLive editor in combination with iPad very often in small venues where the space is the issue. I do use touch screen, but as you know editor isn’t optimize to use with touch screen, so it works but not very smooth. I was wondering if there will be new app which will be redesigned for use with touch screen (multitouch implemented) to use for example for Q parameter – same as for iPad and it should be with bigger buttons and other functions optimized….
    Thanks

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

+1 for this question.

If you just see the amount of people that for all different reasons is using the iLive system without a surface, that would definitely be a huge plus.

I, personally, wouldn’t even mind to pay for it. Definitely optimized to use it a separate 23″ external multitouch screen as well as a 13″ tablet PC.

Multitouch interface combined with mackie control and euphonix control implementation would be the ultimate portable solution. Then we would see iLive sales go through the roof. I hope that A&H will be fast enough not to be caught by let’s say Soundcraft with their smaller systems. iLive is still a way better concept.

Wouter

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

+1 we actually ditched our touchscreen pc for ipads because it was so much easier. I think the ipad software is a good starting point and expand the features to include the ones the ipad doesn’t have.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i start to like the pad BUT i really miss scene recall……

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I would also like to see Editor upgraded to be better equipped for touchscreen input control. With more and more large multitouch touchscreen all in one PC,s coming to market and with Windows 8 expected multitouch improvements ( and rumours of possible future Mac touchscreen PC??) then I now see the future opportunity for Editor to overcome it’s main drawback (for me anyway) – and that is it’s incredibly slow “one thing at a time” mouse input. At the very least editor needs much larger touch targets for the faders which are currently just the skinny white fader knobs, and better separation of the MUTE button from PAFL/ Sel etc. A major GUI redesign with multitouch support would be awesome though!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Multitouch would be great.

I’m interested in whether or not they make an app for the new Windows tablet/Windows 8.

Profile photo of mikefogg
    mikefogg
    Participant

Just tried a dell touch screen with editor and it’s NEARLY great. If only those faders where a bit bigger and greater separation between some functions buttons. A combination of a touch screen editor and the IPad app would be a killer combination. Pulling in faders into the custom screens works great on my touch screen as do many other functions.
    Also, separate windows for custom screens to make multiple custom screens visible at the same time would be great (rather than tabs in the same window). This way, your whole screen could be full of custom widows with just the ins and outs you need for a particular artist. A lot of our multi band/artists gigs are are done on the fly and we don’t always know what’s on stage until the last minute. As it’s so easy to create these custom screens, it’s viable to creat these on the fly and make life easier.
    Maybe in some future erase eh!
    Meanwhile, Keep up the great work A&H
    Cheers all, Mike Fogg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.