Problems with PL10 output assigns

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Problems with PL10 output assigns

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndyH AndyH 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Hi,

Can’t find any other threads with this …

We use 6 x PL10 for controlling our IEM mixes. It works fine, once set up, but there is quite an annoying problem with the PL10s swapping their Stereo Aux assignments. This SEEMS to occur when the PL10s are plugged into the PL9 hub in a different order: so Piano 1, Drums, Piano2, instead of Piano 1, Piano 2, Drums … so, ACB, instead of ABC, but I think it also occurs under ‘random’ or non-analysable circumstances. So, when assigning a rotary fader to direct either a Stereo Group or an Input to a Stereo Aux (which is patched to a stereo output,) (for example, Stereo Group 1 to Stereo Aux 3), the assignment will be changed to send that source to another Stereo Aux …

This is really, REALLY annoying and time consuming. I am trying to work on a show to see if recalling a PL10 library item will also recall the correct Stereo Aux channel assignments, but v1.81 crashes every time I try to simulate PL-NET!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this, or have a solution?

Thanks!

http://www.pianojam.nl

guyharris
    Participant

Update: Editor 1.82 doesn’t crash. When simulating the 6 ports, A-F, with 6 PL10s, the allocation is perfect!

So: it’s something to do with the ‘real’ world set-up …

Thanks!

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

If i remember right, there was the info on the manual that ships with the pl10 that you have to plug it always the same order to work properly.

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi guyharris,

albin’s suggestion is good, you need to ensure you’re plugging the same PL device into the same ports of the PL9 each time. As each port can be configured to do something differently.

You may also want to check your scenes, to make sure you haven’t got any PL settings in your scenes that might be changing your PL settings.

If the issue still occurs, please let us know.

Andy

guyharris
    Participant

OK – thanks guys. I’m going to try a couple of set-ups and test.

Andy: surely then, recalling the correct scene should re-allocate the assignments correctly then?

Thanks!

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Yep, if you recall the correct scene it will re-work the assignments correctly.

I sometimes find I recall an old scene, stored by pressing ‘store all’, and old PL settings get recalled.

AndyH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.