Firmware Issue? Talkbac mic & Ipod no longer work

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Firmware Issue? Talkbac mic & Ipod no longer work

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lukeduke95
    lukeduke95
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I wanted to start using the mixpad program. I downloaded the newest one, updated the firmware on the the Ilive to 1.82 (USB stick into the console, console was connected to the IDR48, touchscreen option for firmware upgrade… assume this upgrades all 3 console, idr & touchscreen) if something is wrong with my firmware upgrade process let me know….

Ok, so after doing the upgrade, I tried connecting a router to the IDR in one of the network ports. I plugged the ether cable between the console and the idr into the black nuetrik network port. I got the console, ipad and idr to all function right once in my storage room, when we got it to the venue the ipad kept kicking the console out of connection… At one point even without the router connected the idr and console would not connect… we swapped into every port, restarted everything… hit the reset network settings button.. still not connecting… then randomly 2hrs later it worked.

But, we had 2 other issues…

The ipod would not work. headphones confirmed it was working, the cable worked also… Even confirmed it was on the right inserts on the back of the console, but it wouldn’t receive a signal. No mutes we could find anywhere… nothing fishy.

The talkback mic also would not work. It worked the few weeks before, but nothing yesterday.

After the show we reloaded some programs to see if we’d messed something up for that show. All previous shows the ipod (C 5&6) and talkback mic worked, but after reloading a few they didn’t work anymore also.

2 things changed between those shows and last night.
    1- firmware upgrade
    2- connected router

Any ideas???

Also feel free to tell me how you connect your router, idr and console all together and which plugs you are using. If someone has a working function I’ll try that…. maybe there is a magic combination…

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lukeduke95

Hey Guys,

I wanted to start using the mixpad program. I downloaded the newest one, updated the firmware on the the Ilive to 1.82 (USB stick into the console, console was connected to the IDR48, touchscreen option for firmware upgrade… assume this upgrades all 3 console, idr & touchscreen) if something is wrong with my firmware upgrade process let me know….

Ok, so after doing the upgrade, I tried connecting a router to the IDR in one of the network ports. I plugged the ether cable between the console and the idr into the black nuetrik network port.

That should be to the “ACE” (audio and control over ethernet) connection not the black one but the white one

quote:

Originally posted by lukeduke95 I got the console, ipad and idr to all function right once in my storage room, when we got it to the venue the ipad kept kicking the console out of connection… At one point even without the router connected the idr and console would not connect… we swapped into every port, restarted everything… hit the reset network settings button.. still not connecting… then randomly 2hrs later it worked.

But, we had 2 other issues…

The ipod would not work. headphones confirmed it was working, the cable worked also… Even confirmed it was on the right inserts on the back of the console, but it wouldn’t receive a signal. No mutes we could find anywhere… nothing fishy.

The talkback mic also would not work. It worked the few weeks before, but nothing yesterday.

After the show we reloaded some programs to see if we’d messed something up for that show. All previous shows the ipod (C 5&6) and talkback mic worked, but after reloading a few they didn’t work anymore also.

2 things changed between those shows and last night.
    1- firmware upgrade
    2- connected router

Any ideas???

Also feel free to tell me how you connect your router, idr and console all together and which plugs you are using. If someone has a working function I’ll try that…. maybe there is a magic combination…

I would suggest connecting the ACE between the surface and rack to the proper ethernet port would resolve the ipod issue as well as the talkback problem………

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yep – all those problems because you didn’t connect to the ace port! That’s why no local audio (talkback mic and iPod) and connection issues. Bet you won’t do that again!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad, dual M Dante/DVC

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Yea I did that once too. None of my surface inputs worked but control of the IDR 32 inputs was fine from the surface.
    I had asked my buddy to run the multitude and he connectred to the wrong port. It took me two hours of trying everything else till the penny dropped. Not good at a multi band gig. Like they say ‘I won’t do that again!’
    To avoid this problem I have placed a couple of old cat 5 connectors with no cable fitted to them in the un-needed ports. That way I can’t get it wrong even in the dark during a storm, after a beer or 2.
    [:o)]
    J

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

My faith is restored I thought it was only old duffer’s like me that did that kind of thing,as I don’t have ACE not done that one but got the old Ethersound connections wrong way round and also mixed Ethersound with control network and that don’t work either. so very old school I taped over the un-used sockets, then I found Neutrik make a dust cover or blanks for Ethercon connectors and only a few pence each.
    Now I make a mental note to double check the network connections especially when doing multi rack and multi desk set ups.[:D]

Profile photo of lukeduke95
    lukeduke95
    Participant

Ok, I’ll try the ACE connector tomorrow when I get back to the shop. Here’s a weird one… when I used the ACE connector and tried to hook up a wifi router to one of the other ethernet connectors on the idr it would disconnect the surface and the idr everytime. I think it was when i’d log into mixpad with my ipad. (I’m pretty positive the ip addresses were right, although I didn’t see an option to change the ipad address)

The light just went on… I think my router is set to 192.168.1.1 also, so I need to somehow change the static ip address on that… guess that is what was kicking the surface off.

Weird though cause it did work when I plugged the surface and idr together using the black nuetrik… then plugged the router into the other ether plug next to the black nuetrik. All worked fine in the shop (minus the talkback and ipod I assume since I didn’t test those)

Anyways… I’ll try this again on Monday set the ip addresses and see what happens. Thanks for confirming my issues… now to get mixpad to work.

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Yep that is what is causing that issue can’t have the rack and the router with the same IP.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

There’s a very useful video on the iLive site which will walk you through setting up your router, it’s specific to the Belkin PlayMax N600HD but the same settings will apply across all routers…

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless) with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.