MixPad Manual

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AnnsAudio AnnsAudio 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

Is there a manual available for this iPad application? I can’t see to find one anywhere on the site.

If not can someone explain how the pre-amp, compressor, etc settings work? What I mean is, lets say I edit channels 1’s HPF (simply turn it on at 100hz for example), then i select channel 2, it doesn;t change the settings at the top. I would expect it to show me channel 2’s hpf settings (which is OFF!) but it doesn’t. I’m confused.

It’s probably something simple that I don’t understand about the app, which is why i’m looking for the manual but cant find one.

Hope that was a clear example.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

I would expect it to show me channel 2’s hpf settings (which is OFF!) but it doesn’t. I’m confused.

Two questions:
    Are you in demo mode? (in demo mode it is like that indeed)
    If this is not the answer and you are really connected to a Mixrack, how do you select?

Wouter

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

Yes I was in demo mode and after I connected to my MixRack I did see the change.

However, I was mixing a show using the iPad and did notice the same behavior. I attributed it to slow WiFi repsonse as it did eventually change to the correct channel settings. Is this is a known problem?

What made this a confusing is that you never know when the “update” is finally complete and you are seeing all current settings for the channel but the iPad app immediately says you are editing “channel x” in the top right. It would be nice if it said “loading” or it changed color or something so you know that what you are looking at is still the previous channel.

Still would like a manual. I am sure there are little things that I could learn about the application.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I agree

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

Reviving as I’m sure I’m not the only new person to iLive, MixPad and Editor.

I’m DISO a manual also. Does anyone have anything??

…remember, everyone started from nothing.

Peace! Always!

T80, iDR32, MacBook Pro, 8-slot expander, ACE (A), MiniMultiOut (B) and other stuff I have to figure out :))

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.