MixRack mains via switched outlet

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MixRack mains via switched outlet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 01soundman
    01soundman
    Participant

We just installed a dual rack system (144 surface, iDR32 master, and iDR10 slave). I’d like to leave the power button engaged on the iDR10 and have power to it controlled by the Atlas sequence-switched outlet.

Any possible harm that could be done to the iDR10 by not continuing to use the power switch in the unit? Or am I just being paranoid…? [:D]

Ray

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Just paranoid. Unless it gets damaged of course! I leave my IDR mixracks on with power switched from my UPS supplies. No problems…. Yet!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad

Profile photo of Jan-Boehm
    Jan-Boehm
    Participant

“switched from my UPS supplies. No problems…. Yet!” We do it the same way with our installation, works fine!

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

As above iDR10 switched from it’s UPS, I do turn the surface off as advised and turn off the UPS afterwards though.
    No problems so far.

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Same here, UPS with iDR48 left on 24/7. No problems. Sequencer should not harm at all.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Both my mix rack and surface are on furmans. I use the power down on the console then hit the power switches on the furmans no issues here either.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.