MixRack API for Monitor Control App

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MixRack API for Monitor Control App

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of john@eartsinc john@eartsinc 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jcintas
    jcintas
    Participant

Is anyone developing new controller apps for the A&H MixRacks? I see A&H created the MixPad and Tweak products, but I would love to have a free “Aviom Killer” app which just runs 16 or so monitor faders levels from a phone or tablet for a musician to adjust their wedge monitor or IEM. Can see it being super basic and targeted to a single monitor channel per user.

My partner writes native iPhone apps but would love to see if the API to the MixRack is public so we could maybe write this app for other platforms.

Basically the app would login to the MixRack over WiFi, choose the Aux channel to control, define which inputs you want to change levels on, and then start controlling faders. Keep it simple.

You can do all this with the MixPad app(which I own and use), but at $99 per musician and they need to buy an iPad, and the user can screw with the house mix and other mixes, it is just too risky and costly.

— Jerry
    T112/iDR64
    Santa Clara, California

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Jerry,
    I may have solutions to your questions. Email me john@eartsinc.com. Also, check on the news section of Allen&Heaths website tomorrow for a story I wrote, on this topic. Thanks.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

+1 for a public MixRack API.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

John, please do post a link to that article when it goes live, I’m sure it will be of general interest to us all.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by john@eartsinc

..Follow the link, this will answer your questions. Article written by yours truly …

I’m very sorry, but there’s nothing new in the article as you made us think. An API for iLive, exactly that was asked. Furthermore a possibility to block access for a user to any other mix than his own aux mix.

In your article:
    1. There’s nothing about security, as was asked.
    2. There nothing about a public API for iLive as was asked.
    3. There’s no other solution than purchasing an iPad with MixPad for personal moitor mixing.

What could have been interesting was:
    1. Announcing a new sleek line of dedicated Monitor mix PL’s, offering new easy set-up and some of the things that AVIOM has, like control ranges and so.
    2. Announcing a public API.
    3. Announcing full OSC compatibility.
    4. Announcing Mackie Control.
    5. Announcing a new “touch de luxe” editor software optimized for 23″ multi-touch screen (at a reasonable cost) (with Mackie control interface for close integration with hardware fader banks.)
    oops, i’m drifting now…

:-)
    Wouter

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

If I was part of the R&D department for AH, then maybe the article would have stated those things. But I’m only a consumer like you. The point is, it’s possible to make it work with the current version of MixPad. Hopefully in the next major release of firmware, they will include parameters for separate via MixPad.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.