another annoying idea by mumu

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions another annoying idea by mumu

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

how `bout “THE SCENE SLIMMER ®™” (i registered the name aleady).
    1. i build a show with lets say 125 scenes (musical,theater e.t.c.)
    2. i make “a mess” by storing always all parameters into the scenes
    3. once i am done and ready i let “THE SCENE SLIMMER ®™” run,
    all he does is comparing one scene to the previous one and kicks out the parameters where he can`t find a “difference”.

plus a installer of editor routine wich overwrites the previous install,
    i have six computers i have to update everytime.

thank you [;)]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Dave, I love your annoying ideas – keep em coming…

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Heck, yeah, that would be beautiful. This is basically what Yamaha had in its AW4416 records, it had a both a defragmentation function for the hard drive, and another one that “optimized” the scenes, except that it actually removed recorded audio that was not needed any more(alternate takes, false starts, etc. It did exactly what you are referring to. If Yamaha could do this with actual hard audio data 12 years ago, I know darn well that the geniuses at AH can do this same thing with the iLive data in their sleep. Yeah that is a challenge to you brilliant folks [8D]

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

This sounds like a really good idea and gets my vote…

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Yep count me in, and if V2 could mix Gin and Tonic’s I know that would be appreciated (Interested Rob C?)[:I]

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

On on of my first rehearsals I tried
    “The manual scene slimmer”

Ran into problems because it only works as long as you always recall those scenes in exactly the same order which is not always the case during rehearsals…

Wouter

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i know thats why i wrote “once i am done”…

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Maybe before you re-order you use “THE SCENE FATTENER ®” which will add all parameters back into scenes, then re-order and then run the slimming feature again…

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

good idea, both features should be build in although we have to rename it to “SCENE WEIGHT WATCHER ®™” (please remark the capital letters)[;)]

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

Yep count me in, and if V2 could mix Gin and Tonic’s I know that would be appreciated (Interested Rob C?)[:I]

on auxes or just f.o.h.? (i thought mister wakeman is more into ale)

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Should just prompt you to make a option choice between DIET or FULL FAT…

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Joe90

Should just prompt you to make a option choice between DIET or FULL FAT…

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

[:D]and bulimic

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

how `bout “THE SCENE SLIMMER ®™” (i registered the name aleady).
    1. i build a show with lets say 125 scenes (musical,theater e.t.c.)
    2. i make “a mess” by storing always all parameters into the scenes
    3. once i am done and ready i let “THE SCENE SLIMMER ®™” run,
    all he does is comparing one scene to the previous one and kicks out the parameters where he can`t find a “difference”.

I mentioned a similar idea previously. However, rather than a trademarked “scheme” I would prefer the scene editor handle this in the background dynamically and transparently to the user. As scenes are moved a “scene controller” would automatically resolve the deltas between the scenes such that any sequential scenes are handled.

The challenge in this is resolving non-sequencial access to the scenes. An algorithm to trace the differences would be required to manage live changes to the scenes.

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

So with this “SCENE SLIMMER” there could be a real problem when the performers decide last minute to change the order of their set and don’t tell anyone until they get into their second song. How would one get around this issue?

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i do have a frank zappa project -(10 piece band) where i started creating scenes in the way one would do for theater and musical, lets call it “sequencial scene” mode where,like you wrote,one is calling off every song by stepping up(scene recall).
    soon i found out it to be (in my opinion) the wrong approach for music so i ended up for approx 30 scenes for “soundtypes” of the band – 9 scenes for soloists (pan into center-a little louder and maybe more reverb)the other scenes are according to what “style” the band is into such as: vocal tune (4 guys singing band rather in the background),mellow jazzy impro (no gates on drums overheads up for brushed drums),then standard rock , bombastic rock (more reverb and so on)and a few more to cover franks amazing range of styles he used,
    it works quiet nice (i am the singer in this band)even if our engineer cant make it i give a list of the desired scenes to the substitute engineer and of course he has editor open for a better overview (preselection of the next/upcoming scene).
    and yes the scenes are not really slimed exept for main settings, and as i run 30 channels for foh plus 30 channels for our in ear only the first 30 foh channels are in the scenes.

this is just my approach i bet there are better ones maybe we should have a dedicated thread just for scene handling , could be interesting
    i am allways in to learn from others…

cheers
    dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.