Program to convert Asio(DANTE) to WDM

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Program to convert Asio(DANTE) to WDM

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cyrus100
    cyrus100
    Participant

Hi guys,

I started my search yesterday.
    I need a program which provides me the ASIO signal from Dante to the headphone jack of my notebook, that I can use Dante for PAFL.

I found a application called PureData https://puredata.info, which does the thing needed but with significant latency of 200ms and above.

Does somebody know a program doing this?

best regards Klemens

idr32
    Editor only (3 times)
    Korg nano
    Dante soon

Profile photo of cyrus100
    cyrus100
    Participant

Thanks for the link.
    I tested this yesterday with the DANTE card, but VAC cannot get the ASIO driver for the DANTE.
    Probably I made a mistake during configuration, but from my point of view I need an app that can talk to two soundcards at the same time.

The signal path should be like this

iDR32 –> DANTE –> ethernet –> ASIO driver (Dante) –> ?? –> laptop phones jack

idr32
    Editor only (3 times)
    Korg nano
    Dante

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

…I need an app that can talk to two soundcards at the same time…

that’s exactly what the VAC audio repeater can do. UPDATE: nope not true, since VAC doesn’t work with ASIO drivers :-(

I’ll try this as soon as I have my Dante card annex Dante Virtual Sound card. Although I had very good results with all of my other sound cards, almost zero latency. One sound card in, other sound card out.

Wouter

PS And then I started using Splashtop to see if I could also get the sound from my laptop on my iPad, also with success but the only disadvantage was that it only worked using the internal sound card of the computer so in my case the quality was not so good.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Yes, I’ve thought about splashtop for PAFL – I’m going to give it a run on the iPhone when i get a chance, see how that sounds…

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

It’s called Core Audio on a mac, where aggregate audio devices have existed for 4+ years.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

maybe this is what are you looking for:
    https://www.klankwereld.com/matrik

PD is total different Software and will be mostly to do things whit OpenSoundControl (OSC)

Sorry on Mac ONLY not ASIO… :/

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I need to do this as well.

I have downloaded PureData (PD).
    It may do the job, but user friendliness is not its forte.

Profile photo of mikefogg
    mikefogg
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Tr
    I tried this with windows 7 using the WDM driver and it works without using any 3rd party stream mixing app. I had already tried VAC before realising you can do it with native windows functions. In my setup, I have PAFL mapped to Dante 56/57 which is then mapped to 3/4 of the WDM driver. If you then go to windows mixer (speaker icon in your system tray)Recording Devices you should see DVS Receive 3-4. Then do a Properties and select the listen tab. you can then tick the “Listen to this device” and select the pull down option to be your PC speaker.

FYI, I did a lot of other trial and error testing with WDM options within win7 and found I can plug in a usb audio pre amp (m audio in my case) and found you can use similar techniques to add more inputs mapped to Dante (you can even use the internal PC mic)so you could use one of these for talkback.

Hope the is useful.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Maybe just one of these would solve the problem.
    https://www.atterotech.com/products/dante-dio2x2/

Not sure on price yet. But it shouldnt be bad.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of mikefogg
    mikefogg
    Participant

Maybe just one of these would solve the problem.
    https://www.atterotech.com/products/dante-dio2x2/

Not sure on price yet. But it shouldnt be bad.

Hi Gil,

This looks interesting (also the 32 in/out model) if the price is right.

M.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Perhaps all are not aware that there is a new release of DVS out and it supports WDM natively.
    This allows you to receive DANTE and route the signal to the windows audio mixer without any extra software or mucking around.

I used it on the weekend to send audio to a remote location via a wireless link (DVS has extra latency buffering compared to the brooklyn module) and it worked like a charm.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.