losing wifi connection since 1.82

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions losing wifi connection since 1.82

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

been happening a few times since upgrading to 1.82…i connect for a few hours and then it times out (connection) …..this is a system I toured with for the last 4 months in 1.72 with no problems ..nothing has changed except the upgrade to 1.80 and now all to 1.82……router shows everything transmitting ok, but it just loses connection with idr mixrack…..

any ideas…??

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

upon looking at log files it seems I am routinely loosing comms with my router logs read: Lost Comms with SERVERSIDE……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I have been having similar issues with my ipads with 1.81. Thought it was the router…

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

I have been having similar issues with my ipads with 1.81. Thought it was the router…

112T/IDR48/IDR16

can you check your log files? any clues there?

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

kentlowt
    Participant

I will check Tuesday.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

nope not getting that message
    I get connect /disconnect ahnet messages over and over

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi All

if your problems persist please contact A&H Technical Support, who will be able to help reolve your issues.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi All

if your problems persist please contact A&H Technical Support, who will be able to help reolve your issues.

Regards
    Sam A&H

I have since switched to a dual band router (2.4 -5ghz) and all seems fine with this setup same ip as before etc……….must have been the router or heavy 2.4ghz traffic??!!(although it works perfectly fine for my home internet..!!??)

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

same problem here!

no problem with the router, if i connect it wired with an editor running on a lpatop.
    the connecting is just lose, if the mixrack is connected wireless with an ipad.

greetings from hamburg

IDR 48 / T112 / Laptop

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Since 1.8, I have similar log messages and cannot keep a consistent connection wirelessly. (not implying the firmware as the cause)
    For every laptop show within the last month, I wire directly from the laptop to the iDR. It’s game over, if I solely rely on a wireless connection for anything now.
    Last two events, direct connection was the only solution. I could not even get my iPad to connect to my router when that was the only wireless component. Everything is Mac addressed.
    Set everything back up the next day at the shop, and no connection issues at all even with wireless traffic on all bands in the 2.4 range.

I have an in ear rack with a mix of different Sennheiser and Shure transmitters that is really close to my router. Not sure yet, if that is causing issues.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Airport Extreme & Express
    Dante May?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Since 1.8, I have similar log messages and cannot keep a consistent connection wirelessly. (not implying the firmware as the cause)
    For every laptop show within the last month, I wire directly from the laptop to the iDR. It’s game over, if I solely rely on a wireless connection for anything now.
    Last two events, direct connection was the only solution. I could not even get my iPad to connect to my router when that was the only wireless component. Everything is Mac addressed.
    Set everything back up the next day at the shop, and no connection issues at all even with wireless traffic on all bands in the 2.4 range.

I have an in ear rack with a mix of different Sennheiser and Shure transmitters that is really close to my router. Not sure yet, if that is causing issues.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Dante May?

Chris , that would seem a similar problem as what I was experiencing…..switching to the dual band somehow resolved the issue….the thing is, I toured 4 months with a wireless setup for monitors with 1.72 and never had a lost connection, also worthy of mention is that I’ve played the same theatre for 3 weeks in march w/1.72, no probs! now same hardware etc.. and1.82 keeps losing connection with my router or vice versa. no ipad just macbook pros etc……so although it seems my problem is solved I still think it has something to do with the update…..

And FWIW the (1.72) tour had full racks on sennheiser wirelesses and shure in-ears..with router on top of the rack..no problem with that set up.now (1.82) I only have the wireless router on top the the mixrack , didn’t matter where I installed it it would not stay connected…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Ray, thanks for the feedback.
    I purchased the TP link knowing my laptop nic can only pick up a 2.4 GHZ Connection.
    That replaced my Airport router that did not support IGMP.
    Now that I have the IGMP support with the TP, I will need to switch it out again and purchase a dual band router and will have to pick up a matching USB adapter to make it all work with my laptop. Three routers now…my networking budget has been exceeded for sure.
    Are you using the Belkin setup? I am just wondering if I should start all over again and get a access point, switch, etc.
    Your setup is like mine. I put my router on top of our in ear rack, which is on top of my 10 space rack for the iDR.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Dante May?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Are you using the Belkin setup? I am just wondering if I should start all over again and get a access point, switch, etc.
    CRJ

I am using a Cisco router (e3000)

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

kentlowt
    Participant

I had a bunch of new messages in the log today after a momentary freeze on the console and a dropped connection with an iPad. I left the usb stick in the console so I can’t post what they were…I will try and remember to get it Tuesday.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.