Scene/Show Management

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Scene/Show Management

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of camhissey
    camhissey
    Participant

Hey all, scene management is a huge bugbear for a lot of us I think, so I figured there was enough that we could discuss in a separate thread to all the “i want”s that are in the other thread…

Ill get things started with a few…

1. The ability to choose first up what elements will be added to all further scenes, to save from having to remove everything unwanted after the fact to speed up recall and avoid unwanted changes

2. The ability to create a folder heirarchy to store shows. I work for a live sound company that employs several engineers; we would each like to have a folder on our consoles by name with each of our shows/templates inside.

camhissey
    Participant

If its possible to do either of those things, please fill me in! That being said, keep the ideas coming :)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by camhissey

Hey all, scene management is a huge bugbear for a lot of us I think, so I figured there was enough that we could discuss in a separate thread to all the “i want”s that are in the other thread…

1. The ability to choose first up what elements will be added to all further scenes, to save from having to remove everything unwanted after the fact to speed up recall and avoid unwanted changes
    2. The ability to create a folder heirarchy to store shows. I work for a live sound company that employs several engineers; we would each like to have a folder on our consoles by name with each of our shows/templates inside.

copy and paste might be of service here, in the 1st scene containing the parameters you want /need to change just copy these and paste in subsequent memories…..the trick for fast scene recall is to only have what needs to be changed in the scene…..

As for the second request I’m not sure I fully understand the problem,how about show files with different suffixes for each engineer? remember that each engineer’s computer editor session can and will probably be different according to their own settings templates shows etc…..or just pop in a usb key and you’re all good to go…..??!!

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of WillM
    WillM
    Participant

Hi guys,

What we’d really like to see is the ability to copy protect certain scenes based on user access level. To my knowledge, you can only allow/restrict scene editing on a universal level at this point. We use a T112 in a church with volunteers running the system. What we have is a “template” scene for each service that has standard operating parameters as we prefer them. Each volunteer then makes their tweaks based on that week’s vocalists, speakers, instrumentalists, etc. and saves the new scene for use that morning. For example, the “template” for Sunday mornings is called “Sunday AM-Master” and the working scene is “Sunday AM-Live”. We want them to be able to create as many working scenes as they need for the service (Sometimes they need to change scenes if there are a lot of mic handoffs, instrument changes, etc.), we just don’t want them to accidentally (or not) update the master scene with their changes. We keep backups to restore if this happens, but would like it to be more convenient. We had a volunteer decide to update monitor EQs once, which took time to correct, but haven’t had any major issues so far.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by WillM

Hi guys,

What we’d really like to see is the ability to copy protect certain scenes based on user access level. To my knowledge, you can only allow/restrict scene editing on a universal level at this point. We use a T112 in a church with volunteers running the system. What we have is a “template” scene for each service that has standard operating parameters as we prefer them. Each volunteer then makes their tweaks based on that week’s vocalists, speakers, instrumentalists, etc. and saves the new scene for use that morning. For example, the “template” for Sunday mornings is called “Sunday AM-Master” and the working scene is “Sunday AM-Live”. We want them to be able to create as many working scenes as they need for the service (Sometimes they need to change scenes if there are a lot of mic handoffs, instrument changes, etc.), we just don’t want them to accidentally (or not) update the master scene with their changes. We keep backups to restore if this happens, but would like it to be more convenient. We had a volunteer decide to update monitor EQs once, which took time to correct, but haven’t had any major issues so far.

How about using scene safes?

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

camhissey
    Participant

What I’m seeing when I try and copy paste, if I make many changes the ability to update is greyed out and I’m left with no option but to Store All. Then I have to edit and delete all the unnecessary parameters all over again!

as for folders, its just neater if I can have folders. USB keys are also possible, but this was more about a wishlist :-)

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

quote:

copy and paste might be of service here, in the 1st scene containing the parameters you want /need to change just copy these and paste in subsequent memories…..the trick for fast scene recall is to only have what needs to be changed in the scene…..

As for the second request I’m not sure I fully understand the problem,how about show files with different suffixes for each engineer? remember that each engineer’s computer editor session can and will probably be different according to their own settings templates shows etc…..or just pop in a usb key and you’re all good to go…..??!!

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

What I’m seeing when I try and copy paste, if I make many changes the ability to update is greyed out and I’m left with no option but to Store All. Then I have to edit and delete all the unnecessary parameters all over again!

[/quote]

Humm! never experienced that myself??!! I assume you waited a bit for the change in the selected scene to compile?!

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant
    Quote:

Quote:
    Cam – just how are you doing the copy/paste? The only time the update should be greyed out is when there is nothing already stored in the scene but you should still be able to paste into that scene location.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.