router connection

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions router connection

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CHRISN CHRISN 13 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

hi

i was wondering if someone could help me connect my mix rack with a tp link router??? i tried for hours last night with no success. I’m new to all the network stuff so any help would be great. i have a big show next week that i like to demo to potential clients and want everything to be working smooth ……

idr-32
    tp link router
    macbook
    ipad 2 ….

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Have you managed to connect your Mac to the MixRack using a cable?

Its probably a issue with IP addresses. I use a PC and not familiar with Mac and where the IP settings are.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

yeah i connected it via cat5 with no problems i figured its an ip address problem what is the ip and router numbers that you use??

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

I believe they suggest using 192.168.1.11 for the router and then have it use 192.168.1.100 thru 192.168.1.150 for wireless devices. Also what port are you using on the router? I first tried using the “internet” port. Couldn’t get it to work. Hooked the mix rack up through port 1 and then everything worked as expected. ;)

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and trying to patiently wait on Dante. ;)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CHRISN

hi

i was wondering if someone could help me connect my mix rack with a tp link router??? i tried for hours last night with no success. I’m new to all the network stuff so any help would be great. i have a big show next week that i like to demo to potential clients and want everything to be working smooth ……

idr-32
    tp link router
    macbook
    ipad 2 ….

As suggested might just be IP address issues…..on a Mac be certain to only use and connect with either wireless or wired, not both on at the same time…….so if you are trying to connect using wired ethernet, disable airport…… for IP address ……under System preferences/network…..select “Advanced” tab then TCP/IP and set DHCP with manual address……to be compatible with iLive your address should be 192.168.1.4 and up…..a good rule of thumb is to set computers/ipads to 192.168.1.10 and up (mixrack is 192.168.1.1, surface .2 and touchscreen is .3) For the router, same principles apply, set the router’s address to 192.168.1.100 for ex…….also make sure you do not plug the router to mixrack using the internet output on the router…..just use one of the 4 ethernet ports (not sure if TP link has 4 or 6 ports).

Hope this helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Chris, how are you progressing? In regards to IP addressing, you just have to remember that you do not want an address to conflict with another. It can get confusing if you start out changing the IP address on the router, and then rebooting the router to find out you have to log back into the router with the new address, etc.
    You do not necessarily have to use the same addresses that are default on the system. You can have your mix rack, touch screen, surface, router, computer, etc from 1-254. Just make sure you every component has it’s own unique address. Email me if you like.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Airport Extreme & Express
    Dante May?

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

thanks for the help everyone !!! i got it to work !!! it seems connecting the cat5 in the internet port was the problem. Did my first show with it last night and i’m more than impressed with this system!!! it sounds amazing!!! the band loved the fact how i could stand beside them during sound check and have their mixes “dialed” I loved the fact i could mix from sitting at the bar impressing hot bartenders!!! so thanks again allen and heath for helping me break the ice !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.