deleting memories in libraries??

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions deleting memories in libraries??

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I would like to remove some PEQ memories from previous shows from the PEQ library, however it would seem my only choice is to delete the library and not the individual memories……..other than overwriting these , is there another way??

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Hande
    Hande
    Participant

“Deleting Library” in Library Manager actually deletes only individual memories or settings, not all library content if you choose memories under “Parametric EQ”.
    Just mark those memories and click Delete Library and confirm.

Or maybe I didn’t understood this right.

iLive T-112 + IDR-48

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

“delete library” deleted the entire parametric EQ library! I just want to delete specific memories not the whole thing…….

Thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

In 1.81 you can click on the individual library items and click on the delete library button and it will only delete the item selected.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

In 1.81 you can click on the individual library items and click on the delete library button and it will only delete the item selected.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

OK , thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Hande
    Hande
    Participant

quote:

In 1.81 you can click on the individual library items ……

I think that this has been the case in few versions earlier.
    At least from 1.70 when I got my tools.

iLive T-112 + IDR-48

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hande

quote:

In 1.81 you can click on the individual library items ……

I think that this has been the case in few versions earlier.
    At least from 1.70 when I got my tools.

iLive T-112 + IDR-48

the reason I asked was that when I first tried this in (1.81), the entire parametric EQ library got erased ( after selecting multiple memories) I had to reload it from the usb ……In the editor this is not a problem as there is no multiple selection possible, but, when attempting this on a surface, the file behaves differently than expected……try this:

Select parametric EQ group then “+” to open the group (at this point the parametric EQ group is still selected ) then click on multiple select then add memories , now press delete! since the group name is also selected, the whole thing gets deleted…… minor bug in the surface software!

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I said click of course I meant touch… I tested it on the console.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ray’s

The section headings are also selectable options. In multiple select, just make sure the “PEQ” section heading is not selected before deleting the chosen ones.

If these libs are stored in the current show, you can you safely attempt this and recall the show if you make a mistake (or back up the PEQ libs to USB and restore via that means).

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Ray’s

The section headings are also selectable options. In multiple select, just make sure the “PEQ” section heading is not selected before deleting the chosen ones.

If these libs are stored in the current show, you can you safely attempt this and recall the show if you make a mistake (or back up the PEQ libs to USB and restore via that means).

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Hi Stealth, thanks for your answer, I did find that out the “long” way……but, as my PEQ list was rather extensive , I could not see the PEQ header still being selected while scrolling down that list, so in that way it behaves differently than selecting folders and contents on a mac or pc..Once you open a folder (ex:PEQ) and select within that folder, the folder itself should not also be selected, only the items inside it should be.

I just got caught off-guard with that one not thinking the “multiple select” tab would also apply to the header……

Thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.