To A&H : SoundGrid

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions To A&H : SoundGrid

This topic contains 40 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Robert,

FIR filters are very complex and I haven’t found so far any good and simple whitepaper. Best paper at the moment (if you’re about to dig it deep) is the one I have in my mini tech library – https://3s.lv/tech/Design_of_FIR_Filters.pdf
    Basically you use software like FilterShop or MathLab to make a filter model and export coefficients file. Most of signal processors and amplifiers will not allow you to design the filter directly. For example I have Powersoft amplifiers and that accepts only imported coeffs. So far I had only one situation where I actually needed FIR, mostly All Pass is enough in my setups.

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Robert,

FIR filters are very complex and I haven’t found so far any good and simple whitepaper. Best paper at the moment (if you’re about to dig it deep) is the one I have in my mini tech library – https://3s.lv/tech/Design_of_FIR_Filters.pdf
    Basically you use software like FilterShop or MathLab to make a filter model and export coefficients file. Most of signal processors and amplifiers will not allow you to design the filter directly. For example I have Powersoft amplifiers and that accepts only imported coeffs. So far I had only one situation where I actually needed FIR, mostly All Pass is enough in my setups.

ddff

Monkey Forest will export the needed files…
    I saw that for the DFC from HK Audio in 2004.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

The new standard in Ethernet based audio transmission is already known as AVB.
    Dante is one of the first implementations of particular technologies of this standard.
    Audinate is saying that it will be AVB compatible in the future.

Hi All,

Just to clarify, as you can read in the AVnu White Paper, AVB is a set of standards describing ‘interworking between various network link technologies’. It’s a new technology rather than an audio protocol in itself, pretty much like Ethernet is the technology behind TCP/IP, UDP etc.

‘These new standards provide a set of features to enable higher layer protocols and applications to realize professional quality services’.

The same document lists two draft standards for an AVB-based transport protocol: IEEE 1733 (Layer 3) and IEEE 1722 (Layer 2, designed to replace FireWire among others). Nonetheless, other higher layer protocols such as Dante can use AVB as well.

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by nicola

Hi All,

Just to clarify, as you can read in the AVnu White Paper, AVB is a set of standards describing ‘interworking between various network link technologies’. It’s a new technology rather than an audio protocol in itself, pretty much like Ethernet is the technology behind TCP/IP, UDP etc.

‘These new standards provide a set of features to enable higher layer protocols and applications to realize professional quality services’.

The same document lists two draft standards for an AVB-based transport protocol: IEEE 1733 (Layer 3) and IEEE 1722 (Layer 2, designed to replace FireWire among others). Nonetheless, other higher layer protocols such as Dante can use AVB as well.

Thanx for clarifying things…

What about ACE? Can it use AVB as well?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

steffenromeiss,

I see you just post and I am going to post what I think is the correct answer. Ace is Ethernet 802.3 IEEE Layer 2 protocall. I dont beleive that it would at this time Be avb ready. I hope that I am wrong and Maybe Nicola or One of the other very help A&H guys will chime in and correct me. What would be nice to see would be a Ace PCIe card to stream via ASIO in to a computer for recording. But then would we really need anything else. Some one feel free to correct on me on the ACE/AVB if needed.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

I really think that they should standardize formats and release only one Ethernet based format we already have ETHERSOUND , ROCKNET, DANTE, COBRANET, SOUNDGRID, what else?

Looks like someone is working on this…
    https://www.x192.org/about/

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

today Waves Release they SG Drivers for the ILive Systems on the official Download site.
    I hope the M-Wave Card will Release from A&H soon.

Any news abut how long?

Torsten

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Torsten

The current plan is to start shipping modules at the end of the month.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Torsten

The current plan is to start shipping modules at the end of the month.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Hi Sam

what month it mean exactly?

Thanx,
    Torsten

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Torsten

The modules are shipping now! They started shipping at the end of January, please contact your local distributor.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Torsten

The modules are shipping now! They started shipping at the end of January, please contact your local distributor.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Hi Sam,

very cool!
    i will call now and hope i get it fast…

THX
    Torsten

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.