Laptop recording

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Laptop recording

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Musikhof Musikhof 13 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of greywizard
    greywizard
    Participant

Hi all my laptop has no firewire port neither and express card port for firewire… Does allen and heath have any alternatives to allow me to multi channel record…
    set up presently mackie onyx 400f with firewire spdif out thru rca
    GL 2400 16 channel A&H
    Hp dv7tqe 8GB DDR3 i72720 with no firewire or express card port.. but it has 2 USB 3.0 ports an ethernet and esata port.
    what solutions does A&H offer to my situation?I use adobe audition 3.0 to record

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

You’ll be looking at the Dante card option (like so many of us!) – up to 64 inputs from your network port. Check it out on the various threads here, and visit the M-Dante product page at A&H.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

greywizard
    Participant

Thanks

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

And you’ll need any of iLive platform products. There is no card for your GL console.

ddff

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Good point – I didn’t even look at that (just assumed Greywizard was referring to an iLive system!)… is anyone else noticing the increased frequency of posts from non iLive users at the moment? Has A&H got an analog forum equivalent where they can be redirected?

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

There appears to be only two A&H forums, iLive and Xone….

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

greywizard
    Participant

thanks for the input guys… ok so how do i convert my system to record digitally is my issue as i already got all the other equipment just need to convert analog digital simply and cost effectively…

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Yep also noticed the increase thought it was just me being picky.
    What need is an analogue filter, maybe it will come in version 1.9 of the software[:I]

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

why don’t you use the onyx ??? bus signals to sub groups on gl 2400 then out to the onyx ??? unless you get more adat then just direct out every channel …. or you can do a matrix mix …. lots of options …. mail me if you need help …. i have my trinidadian passport so i gotta help a fellow citizen!!!

greywizard
    Participant

thats exactly what i am doing each direct out goes to the onyx but laptop has neither firewire nor spdif i.e. cant go into laptop from onyx express card isnt an option cos no port on laptop and all there is , is USB ports …sigh… so i need to send that signal to the lappy top
    … so i was kinda looking at a simple solution to either convert or hybridize the firewire or just capture the audio from the gl 2400 to the laptop thru a device that can connect to my laptop…

the guys suggested the dante card but i think it might neccesitate me having too much more hardware to invest in…

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

your just running in to a problem a lot of us audiophiles have ……. you always need more gear !!! !im sorry to say but sounds like you need to invest in a better cpu …. cause any interface through usb is junk… unless u just send a stereo sub mix to a little m box(more money) …. if you need anymore help just email me, this isn’t really the forum for this conversation

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

Another question on HD recording…

I – as many of you – awaiting the Dante option card with the ability to record 48 channels via Gigabit network… (just have an idr48, i know that dante can record 64 channels)

usually i will record approx. 20-24 channels with it. So when i calculate the space needed on HD in 48khz resoution and uncompressed WAV files – i will have 8-10 GB per Hour.

correct ?

idr48 – T112
    iPad – Notebook with Editor
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante … whenever ready
    Dedicated recording PC with Samplitude

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.