DUAL RACK MODE

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions DUAL RACK MODE

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Dear A&H ! I have 2 iDR 32 and 2 MADI interfaces i slot b, installed.
    the only way how i succeeded to connect both racks was to patch slave rack inputs 1-32 to master rack inputs 33-64 (through MADI). control of pre amps of slave rack only from the slave rack channels 65-96. So my question is if there is another way to connect 2 racks by madi? and option to control pre amps from master rack? when it will be possible to connect total 128 channels to work with? to make 128×32 system? Many TV &THEATER shows exceed 64 channels, and option control from 2 surfaces such installations also needs!!
    thanks! robert

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Hi Robert 128 inputs are possible over ACE or Ethersound you just need 2 X 64 input racks such as iDR10 there is an example of this on the website it is in the documents section under Dual rack mode.
    I used the system last year on a couple of orchestral gigs works just great

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

thanks Mr B, i have read instructions already, i believe that it works great with expensive racks like iDR10, question is will it ever work with iDR 32, 48 , 64. right now it does not work not ACE , MADI , with this racks!

agutin.com
    2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

thanks Mr B, i have read instructions already, i believe that it works great with expensive racks like iDR10, question is will it ever work with iDR 32, 48 , 64. right now it does not work not ACE , MADI , with this racks!

That should work already… you need control network connected via CAT5 or in the ACE stream…

Limitations are:
    only 8 Rack-FX in the system
    still 30 mixes

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Robert

I’m afraid it is not possible to create a DualRack system with MADI and 2 x iDR32’s.

You need to connect PortB of the Master mixrack to PortA of the Slave Rack, therefore you would need to use and ACE module in PortB of the Master mixrack.

You would need 2 x iDR10 mixracks with RAB2 + 2 x MADI modules to make this a valid option with MADI.

Regards
    Sam

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

quote:

Originally posted by Robert

That should work already… you need control network connected via CAT5 or in the ACE stream…

Limitations are:
    only 8 Rack-FX in the system
    still 30 mixes

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

ACE works, MADI not, hmmmm, didn’t get the point at first reading the specs

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.