Thanks for the Ipad App

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Thanks for the Ipad App

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of lawbass61 lawbass61 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Just a quick thanks to A & H for a great addition to an already great system. I loaded into a new theater production over the weekend. Once the system was installed, we had first tech rehearsal. I needed to set up 6 in ear mixes and 3 wedge mixes for the musicians in the pit. Once the levels we set, I fired up the Ipad and wandered down to the pit after setting all instruments in each monitor mix to a low level so I knew they could already hear a little of everything. I told them to start playing, and one by one walked to each, had them tell me what they needed more/less of, and went to the next. Within 10 minutes we had 16 very happy musicians all dialed in. Brilliant. Now time to set stage monitors. I had the musicians start playing and wandered up to the stage. I asked a random group of performers (those who are singing solos) to come listen. I dialed in a nice stage wedge mix in 2-3 minutes. Performers all smiling. Nice, quick and easy. Much easier and better than the old days of standing back at FOH using the talkback. Once the various monitor mixes we set, in less than 30 minutes, while rehearsal went on I was able to dial in FOH mix and front and side fill mixes out front doing the same. What a great tool. Worked flawlessly all day. Thanks again.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.