R72 mute groups…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions R72 mute groups…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

On my R72/idr32 I needed additional MUTE GROUPS, but have already assigned all 72 faders (including 4 DCAs) – I may have found a way to get extra MUTE GROUPS via SOFTKEYS without needing any faders…

Perhaps this is already well known, or may be unstable, but seems to be working so far on the bench…

I SELECTED DCA #4, reassigned this fader to DCA #9, assigned DCA #9 to vocal channels, assigned SOFTKEY #1 as its MUTE GROUP. I then did the same procedure (same fader #4) using DCA #10, assigned to instrument channels, softkey #2 as its mute group, and finally reassigned the fader back to DCA #4, original state. I’m going to play with this a bit on bench, and if it seems ok, I plan on adding 2 or 3 mute groups this way.

Thoughts, suggestions? TIA…

-Tim T

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes this will work – the DCA’s are part of the mixer so are aways there regardless of wether they are assigned a channel strip or not. The soft keys if assigned to them will work, as will using any programmed midi controller or TCP/IP command.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

… or TCP/IP command.

@richard: how do you mean TCP/IP command? Editor command? or did you get your hand on the API that I heard of but never saw so far?

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Look in document downloads and you will find tcp/ip protocol as released with V1.8
    This is to support the likes of crestron and other third party control options.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Richard –

I’ve set up 4 mute groups this way – they must be saved in the scene, I found out, but looks like I’m going to use this.

Thanks for the info on midi… does this mean there are ways to get to mixrack functions that are not set up in the original show? -more FX units, matrices, etc.? I am a “mid-iot”, but know some locals with some midi chops, extra controllers, etc.

Thanks,

-Tim T

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes! With midi you can access and control all channel faders, mutes, pans (inputs,fx sends, ip fx,DCAs, plus all mix outputs) DCA and main mix assignments, all PAFLs, and scene recalls. You can even name and colour strips if you know what you are doing via MIDI.
    Check out this old LC-iLive video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMbfmfpPoQ
    I have now modified that old environment to work with the new midi features introduced with Editor version 1.8 along with logic version 9 and it works extremely well. If anyone wants a copy of my new “MC-iLive V1.0” logic environment then flick me an email. It will work with any midi controller that uses the Mackie Control protocol but you will need Apple Logic v9

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

…all channel faders, mutes, pans (inputs,fx sends, ip fx,DCAs, plus all mix outputs) DCA and main mix assignments, all PAFLs, and scene recalls…

But unless you use the Editor MIDI connection you can’t affect channel’s aux send or fx send level, right?

Wouter

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

No you can’t adjust any mix sends other than the main fader levels via midi – so to clarify above where I said “fx sends” what I mean is the fx or aux MASTER fader levels only. Still midi is really useful especially if you just want a few extra faders or DCAs

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.