Interfacing PL6 with T112/IDR32

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Interfacing PL6 with T112/IDR32

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CMattE CMattE 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BradZ
    BradZ
    Participant

I’m in the process of purchasing a T112/iDR32 for my church. I was thinking of adding a PL-6 remote for the building admin to be able to control a couple of microphones for times when a sound operator isn’t needed.

My question is: Are the faders on the PL-6 motorized or how does it work when the T112 is online? If the faders aren’t motorized and are left at a level on the PL-6 and the T112 faders are adjusted is it a highest takes precedence situation?

I’ve read through the PL-6 documentation and it doesn’t indicate one way or the other. When playing with the software it seems like they might be.

Can some one confirm this for me?

Thanks

Brad

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

you have to program the faders as ” pickup”, just run the editor offline make a “example” show set up a pl6 and fiddle round with it
    you`ll se the possibilities.

pickup means : no matter where the pl6 fader is ,it first has to be moved to “go” to the spot where the “real” fader is and then the “real” fader will start to respond.

maybe for your solution the other pl (rotary dunno the name now) is more convenient as you see on the led`s the value…and it does not matter if it is a fader or a rotary. PLUS the console can be turned off, the rack is enough to run it.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of BradZ
    BradZ
    Participant

Thanks for the info Dave. I was kind of thinking that might be the other way the PL6 might work.

Placed my order today for a T112/IDR32 and I chose to go with the PL10 Rotary encoder instead. For the few extra dollars I think it will be less confusing for the un-skilled operator.

Its going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for everything to come in[:)] but I’m excited. I’m replacing a 20+ year old TAC Scorpion that recently started having channel strips die mid service

Cheers

Brad

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BradZ

Thanks for the info Dave. I was kind of thinking that might be the other way the PL6 might work.

Placed my order today for a T112/IDR32 and I chose to go with the PL10 Rotary encoder instead. For the few extra dollars I think it will be less confusing for the un-skilled operator.

Its going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for everything to come in[:)] but I’m excited. I’m replacing a 20+ year old TAC Scorpion that recently started having channel strips die mid service

Cheers

Brad

Just got ours installed. Got our first sound check tonight. It replaced a Mackie that decided to not turn on one Sunday. It had been giving us trouble for a while. Can’t wait to see how tonight goes. ;)

Ordered a T112/48 Feb 22, 2011. :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.