MADI Inputs in Editor

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MADI Inputs in Editor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 13 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

I’m sure this is a simple question, I have my laptop connected running the editor and Sonar (via MADI) and would like to switch the MixRack to use the MADI inputs rather than XLR – where is the menu option to do this?

thanks.

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

I’m sure this is a simple question, I have my laptop connected running the editor and Sonar (via MADI) and would like to switch the MixRack to use the MADI inputs rather than XLR – where is the menu option to do this?

thanks.

After more toying around, I see you can change the inputs individually in the preamp section to a MADI input, which works fine. However, this can be tedious to do for each track. Is there a shortcut that just switches all inputs to MADI and back?

The virtual soundcheck video implies there is an option that just “switches” the inputs however he is using a surface to do it and doesn’t give details as to where he is on the surface. Can the editor do this? If so where is that menu option?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

just a quess- hot keys involved?

ddff

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

quote:

thanks.

After more toying around, I see you can change the inputs individually in the preamp section to a MADI input, which works fine. However, this can be tedious to do for each track. Is there a shortcut that just switches all inputs to MADI and back?

The virtual soundcheck video implies there is an option that just “switches” the inputs however he is using a surface to do it and doesn’t give details as to where he is on the surface. Can the editor do this? If so where is that menu option?

you need the surface……..in the mixrack/setup/mixer prefs page …..

I’m doing a similar thing with m-MMO and I made 2 scenes that switch only the physical patch and the pre amp/trim levels (essentially from mic to line) all other parameters are untouched….so you only do it once without affecting your

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

quote:

quote:

thanks.

you need the surface……..in the mixrack/setup/mixer prefs page …..

I’m doing a similar thing with m-MMO and I made 2 scenes that switch only the physical patch and the pre amp/trim levels (essentially from mic to line) all other parameters are untouched….so you only do it once without affecting your

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Really? So you can’t do it from the editor? Wow, that kinda sucks.. I am only doing this for 16 tracks but still, seems like such a simple feature to implement..

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

+1 for the “switch global input” feature in the editor.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.