Placement of T112 in new auditorium

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Placement of T112 in new auditorium

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Knoxford Knoxford 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Knoxford
    Knoxford
    Participant

It looks like the plans are to put me and the T112 and Video and Lighting crew in a room at the backwall with a window into the auditorium that is about 8 foot wide by 6 foot tall. I am used to being in the auditorium where I can hear everything well. I think it will be difficult to mix from inside a cave.

Pros / Cons / Opinions? … I just don’t know.

Thanks,
    Knoxford

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Pro’s:- Can’t hear the mix if the act are bad. Can’t hear the audience complaining that the act are bad. You don’t get woken up by feedback as much. You can drink as much coffee as you little and go for a smoke and no one will know etc etc

Con’s:- See above

Seriously though if they install a really good monitor system for you and set it up so it sounds like the room then you could do it. Why is a better question; is it sight lines or do they not want to lose seats they could sell. If they go through with this make sure they buy you an IEM with decent buds & an iPad so you can sit in a spare seat and mix the show!

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Lou-Hemming
    Lou-Hemming
    Participant

Oh no, there is nothing worse than having to mix from a inside a small box!! Like Rexel says if they are expecting top notch mixes from you then a top quality local system that is representative of the room will be an absolute essential inclusion, you’ll struggle without it. Also, visiting operators will probably insist that the surface be positioned in the auditorium, i know i would.

cheers and good luck with that [:)]

Profile photo of Knoxford
    Knoxford
    Participant

Thanks for the input. The T112 et al is currently in a rolling lockable cart. I am going to keep it that way so I can put it anywhere in the auditorium I want. In the auditorium is where I am and it looks like I get to stay there. The Lighting and A/V people can have the cave! I’m happy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.