Connect 2 computers and surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Connect 2 computers and surface

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Hello :)
    I have one question. It is posiblle to connect to one mix rack with surface 2 laptops? One to mixrack and the second to surface.
    With IP must set in in second computer?

I have mixracj IDR 48 and surface T112

Best regards
    Mario from Poland

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Mario

Yes it is possible to connect more than 1 Editor session to a System. Make sure each device on the network has a unique IP Address and there should be no problem.

This has been previously covered in the thread below:

https://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=982&SearchTerms=editor,multiple,session

Regards
    Sam

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

hey
    this link not solve my problen because link in this link :) is death and i still dont know how set the second pc to surface.

Best regards
    Mario from Poland

Profile photo of MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Participant

Mario, You can connect two PCs to the mixrack using the 2 network ports. Connect the surface using the ACE port.

Each PC must have it’s own IP such as 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11.

You can also connect a WIFI wireless access point to one of the network ports on the mixrack and then connect over wireless. Turn on DHCP on the access point and you won’t have to set the IPs on the computers connected wirelessly.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

ok its ok everything works great :)

Mario

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Make sure though that if you use wireless with DHCP that you set the range to exclude the mixrack and surface (static) IP addresses – that caused me no end of drop outs and confusion when I started with the wireless network!

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.